Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 19 of 25<<151617181920212223>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic
Topic: WA...., It's all about to happen< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 181
Bob Wyatt Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: May 21 2007,06:58  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Morsie and a small Golden Trevally.  Even these little guys pulled like trains. Great sportfish.

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------
"...every fisherman will have to be a riverkeeper, a steward of marine shallows, a watchman on the high seas. "
Thomas McGuane

www.trouthunting.com
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 182

PostIcon Posted on: May 21 2007,07:00 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Rich punches one out against the wind.  Most of the time I was pissing against it.  Lots of fish on the flats this evening, though.  Great sport.

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------
"...every fisherman will have to be a riverkeeper, a steward of marine shallows, a watchman on the high seas. "
Thomas McGuane

www.trouthunting.com
 Post Number: 183
Chris Dore Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 21 2007,07:04 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I dont think Ive seen sunshine for weeks!!!!
Keep the pics coming Bob. Im envious!

Chris

--------------
SCOTT Pro Staff
www.CHRISDORE.com
 Post Number: 184
dougal Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 22 2007,05:41 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Bob
Thanks for the interesting commentary, and the fine photo's--Very seductive late June in Dunedin, although I must say I had a cup of coffee at the Kissing Cafe ,Middlemarch, on Sunday---and we managed to sit outside in 21degs! Bet you wish it was like that in December!
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 185

PostIcon Posted on: May 22 2007,06:18 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hey Dougal, :)
It was a really interesting trip and I learned loads.  The Boneheads were great and I'll certainly do that week again next year.  There's some talk of maybe another date, riskier for weather but maybe better fishing.  As it was, the shore fishing was tougher than we reckoned, finding fish that is.  there seemed to be plenty on the reefs but, even then, the guys in boats struggled the week they were there.

I think it was mostly a tide thing, myself.  With the right tide, say a flood through the afternoon over warmed up flats, and if you knew the ground, it wasn't hard to get hooked up to something.  

My right arm is worthy of a 'princess award'.  You learn about the importance of creep when you're slinging a big clouser on a 10wt for four weeks.  My project now is to work the bugs out of my casting.

Can't wait to get back to Middlemarch.  Probably October.  Let's hook up and wet a line.  BTW, Been talking about next year's Southern Clave.  Thinking end of January.

--------------
Thomas McGuane

www.trouthunting.com
 Post Number: 186
Rich Knoles Search for posts by this member.
flybitch 2008

PostIcon Posted on: May 22 2007,09:09 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Tough couple of days after you left Bob. Seems like we picked the wrong beaches the last couple of days. Everybodies out tommorrow. Perth and dinnerwith Bob and Margret. :D Rich

--------------
Barrio Pro Team
 Post Number: 187

PostIcon Posted on: May 22 2007,09:27 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Rich,

Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you. :D

--------------
Thomas McGuane

www.trouthunting.com
 Post Number: 188
dougal Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 22 2007,10:43 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Bob
Look forward to catching up.
Those big clousers can be a handful.  Jd and I fished the Parengarenga Harbour a month ago, and i noticed John was developing the Clouser duck as it flew past his head. Actually, we all had our moments.
I can see from some of the photo's that I'm going to need some colourful shorts to qualify as a true saltie.
 Post Number: 189
David Anderson Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 22 2007,12:19 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Rich, hope to catch up with you on Thursday afternoon for a drink and a bite..

Bob, that little goldie was pulling hard to get away from Morsies shorts.. :D

--------------
My Website
 Post Number: 190
Morsie Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: May 22 2007,23:19 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

You gotta have colour - even if its only black and white!! :D  :D

--------------
That was the river - this is the sea........
244 replies since Apr. 16 2007,15:05 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 19 of 25<<151617181920212223>>
reply to topic new topic

» Quick Reply WA....
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code