Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 2 of 4<<1234>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic
Topic: Shootout 23 August, Latohead/Latohegy Hungary< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 11
victor Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 19 2009,17:09  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yo, Zo', I have packed the Bealuh switch for you.

Mike

--------------
it's casting Jim, but not as we know it, according to EFFA

http://michaelheritage.wordpress.com/
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 12
Paul Arden Search for posts by this member.
Fly God 2010

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 19 2009,22:32 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hi Peter, great! Do you have a sleeping mat or inflatable sheep? Tomorrow I book out all the remaining beds in Gyekenyes. Looks like the Croatians are coming in force. Going to be a great weekend!

Cheers, Paul

--------------
It's an exploration; bring flyrods.

Flycasting Definitions
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 13
Fly God 2010

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 20 2009,12:35 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

OK we're going to meet at the Poseidon in Gyekenyes, kicking off at 9am or thereabouts.

Friday evening: social gathering. Beer, flytying, "wine tasting", lumiline fight.

Saturday programme:

9am Poseidon and set up the casting grounds.
10-12 Demos. 20 min demos from myself, Mike, Erno, Balzac, Stoats.

12ish Lunch.

2PM Competitions - Danish Games, Distance shootout. Chance to meet and cast with 9 casting instructors. Everyone must cast!

Evening mystery entertainment. Bring flytying kits if you have them!

Sunday morning. Asp fishing for the early risers.
9AM Breakfast at Latohegy. Put your name on the breakfast list!

The rest of Sunday is unplanned for either casting, fishing, whatever.

Sunday evening, those of us still still around will have a campfire at Latohegy. And we'll cast off the platform!

Cheers, Paul

PS If you're in need of accommodation please let me know. Tents and sleeping bags would be really good right now. If you have inflatable mattresses/sheep and or camp beds then please bring them because that makes use of four available cabins on Latohegy.

PPS we could have a storm on Saturday at some point. Forecast 32 degrees tomorrow, sun. Possible storm on Sat 30 degrees. erm 19 degrees on Sunday - but Sunshine.

--------------

Flycasting Definitions
 Post Number: 14
skeg Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 20 2009,20:36 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

yo Paul,

didn't bring, my inflatables...no prob, somewhere somehow, I'll sleep. a sheepgirl, maybe?
the weather change could be a problem for asping...but tomorrow should be good. before the cold fronts asp goes crazy. morning and afternoon(if the wind allows)...(just sayin')
today morning I got just one.
I'll come sat. mornin'.
seeya, all!

--------------
Peter
"...fish like a demon with a mission"-Sudesh

...just one more last cast
 Post Number: 15
ivica Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 21 2009,09:10 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

See you on Saturday! Can someone explain to me how to find the "Poseidon" in Gyekenyes?

--------------
TEAM RIBARSKA
 Post Number: 16
Fly God 2010

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 21 2009,09:25 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yes! I assume you're coming from Letenye border crossing. Drive to Nagykanisza and follow signs to Gyekenyes. Gyekenyes is approx 20-25 mins from Nagykanisza. As you come into Gyekenyes you'll cross a railway track and see a largish lake on your left hand side with many small houses.

After 1000 metres the first exit road on your left is signposted Kastely restaurant, pass this and take the next left turn (200metres) by the not very well sign-posted Medusa restaurant. (If you miss this turn-off and pass a campground on your left then you've travelled too far!)

Travel down this gravel road to the end (100m) and turn right. Follow this road for 300metres and this will take you to the Poseidon. There is a restaurant on the lake on the left and wooden cabins on the right. We will be casting on the right behind the cabins.

Me: 0036 20 28 512 28
Babus: 0036 20 981 5359

See you tomorrow! :cool:

--------------

Flycasting Definitions
 Post Number: 17
Zoran Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 21 2009,09:43 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I wish if I can be there  :(

Have a nice time guys !

Cheers,
Zoran
 Post Number: 18
ivica Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 21 2009,09:52 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Surely we will find Poseidon!Thank you on the information.

--------------
TEAM RIBARSKA
 Post Number: 19
skeg Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 24 2009,01:03 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It   was   a      great      weekend   .
cheerio, everyone.
I did my personal best two times with two diff. rods, same distance. with my fucked up technique. (thanks, Mike :D ) 32m.

we even saw an asp. :p

--------------
Peter
"...fish like a demon with a mission"-Sudesh

...just one more last cast
 Post Number: 20
Janesch Search for posts by this member.
Flybitch 2012

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 24 2009,17:36 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sorry Paul but i don`t see any other topic about the past weekend so i`ll post few pictures here.
First of all it was my pleasure to meet Mike and Mark and all the other Hungaryan fly fishermans. Company was excellent, so let`s start...
There were few demos. Firs one was Paul`s.
"Who`s that weirdo?"

Paul in element...

Crowd is listening carefully apart from me :D ...

--------------
"Plenty of time to sleep when you`r dead" Trout bum narrator...
33 replies since Jul. 20 2009,02:17 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 2 of 4<<1234>>
reply to topic new topic

» Quick Reply Shootout 23 August
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code