Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic
Topic: Gin and Tonic Recipe, For Rich...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
mattklara Search for posts by this member.

Group: FP Admin Team
PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 14 2008,17:49  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Rich,

From my journal...

1 Frosty Pint Glass
Fill 2/3 with ice cubes.
Fill to halfway point (half full) with Tangeray - if you dont put the cubes in first and fill halfway, I can not be held responsible for your actions.   :O
Juice of 1/3 to 1/2 a lime
Fill the remaining part of the glass with tonic.

Hopefully this make sup for my comments on GL steelhead.   :;):

Matt

--------------
Sign the petition supporting wild steelhead release on Oregon's Umpqua River system.

Sign The Petition Here

"What are the odds that Matt has a steelhead tattoo located somewhere on his body?"   - joesnuffy
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 2
akcaster Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 15 2008,00:59 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Rich,

This is from a foggy memory....

Thats about the same recipe that we used years ago when we would mix gin and tonic in gallon jugs using the whole bottle of gin.  We would mix up the gin and tonics and then pour them over ice.  If we ran out of ice, we would drink them straight up.

One day when we ran our of tonic, we found that holding the tonic produced a gin gimlet.  That worked well over ice also.

When we ran out of tonic and limes, we would put the gin over ice and make really dry martinis.

We consumed alot of gin during that hot summer.

akcaster

--------------
FFF MCI and THCI
RL Winston and Scientific Anglers Pro Staff
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 3
Stoatstail47 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 15 2008,14:56 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(mattklara @ Jan. 14 2008,17:49)
Juice of 1/3 to 1/2 a lime

Matt

The idea that something other than the sliced or quartered fruit, of anything other than a lemon, be put into a G&T is simply beyond the pale.
The merest suggestion of such a thing would have any self respecting london barman, if they survived the shock, demanding that the membership secretary be woken and the bounder booted from the establishment.....

JUICE !!!......Migod!!!

--------------
Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish that they are after.

(now posting as Stoatstail50)
 Post Number: 4

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 15 2008,17:12 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I guess it's a modified G&T.

My parachute Adams have a synthetic wing instead of calf tail.

My G&T have lime (or lemon) juice.  I usually toss the fruit carcass into the glass for decoration, too.

--------------
Sign the petition supporting wild steelhead release on Oregon's Umpqua River system.

Sign The Petition Here

"What are the odds that Matt has a steelhead tattoo located somewhere on his body?"   - joesnuffy
 Post Number: 5
Stoatstail47 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 15 2008,20:01 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You could bring the entire British political system to a grinding halt with that sort of loose lily livered tinkering !!

The somellier and the entire barstaff of the Carlton would spontaneously infarct at the hint of such untrammelled liberality.

--------------
Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish that they are after.

(now posting as Stoatstail50)
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 15 2008,22:01 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Stoats,

I need better advice.

Perhaps I should rename my version so those unsuspecting Brits never even notice until it's too late?

Good thing I didn't say anything bad about Great Lakes Steelhead yet in this thread, everyone would be after me :)

All I can think of is one of those parlamentary sessions where the prime minister gets verbally blasted by everyone in the place for something.

Yes, I can see it now...

"What do you say about these Yankee bastards putting lime juice in their G&Ts?"

"Bollocks!"

"Indeed, Bollocks!"

"Shall we go for tea?"

"Yes, but let me say that the idea of lime juice in a G&T is Bollocks one more time."

--------------

Sign The Petition Here

Post Number: 7
andy_with_a_rod Search for posts by this member.
BBBB Nr 4!

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 15 2008,22:06 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

is that all we brits do, go for tea?! thats so darned stereotypical...

sometimes we have cucumber sandwiches too, or go and watch the cricket. or play croquet, or speak to the queen. its not like tea is all we do.

though having said that, all those activities are improved by having a cup of tea in hand..... :D

ta
ab

--------------
"God's always with me;
standing beside me with his big black dick."

Paul Arden.
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 15 2008,22:11 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sorry Andy, I'm not having a very creative day.

Off to get a cup of tea.

Really.

:)

--------------

Sign The Petition Here

Post Number: 9
joesnuffy Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 15 2008,22:52 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

There's such a thing as Great Lake Steelhead?

Wouldn't that be a Rainbow Trout?

jk, :p
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 15 2008,23:39 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Was that the sound of a can of worms opening that I just heard?

:)

--------------

Sign The Petition Here

17 replies since Jan. 14 2008,17:49 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic

» Quick Reply Gin and Tonic Recipe
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code