» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic
Topic: Roy's flies, Bloody marvelous!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Berlin Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 01 2004,14:22  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hi All,

For the last 3 weeks I've been trying some flies from Roy Christie and I have to say they are bloody fantastic.

The Easy Peasy Upside Down Dun is one of the best dry flies I've ever tried, and thats saying something :) Its sits exactly like the real McCoy and in the last week I've had a take from every single fish i've offered it to! I've not hooked them all but every fish has taken it.

For the Yellow May Duns, its just unbeatable :)  

The Cripple/Spinner version is also cracking when fished in fast water below the riffle where the Yellow Mays are coming off.

The footprint of both flies are extremely realistic.

Im still to properly try the Emergers as its all been duns so far but there's no reason to believe they will be any less effective.

Thanks Roy, and I can safely say I'll be tying all of my dun patterns like this in the future :)

Cheers,
Carl

--------------
"... If life wasn't how we pictured it - and sometimes I don't have the Energy to prove everybody wrong... It's so hard when it doesn't come easy and I feel so guilty" - The Dixie Chicks
-----------
FFFUSA and FFFEurope Certified casting instructor.
-----------
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
JME Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 01 2004,16:37 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Carl,

Roy certainly ties a good fly. My favourite is the Avon Special Emerger which has accounted for some good fish; both browns and grayling on it's namesake.

--------------
~~JME~~
B.A.S.S.
Wild Trout Trust
 Post Number: 3
ACW Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 01 2004,19:47 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Roys shrimps take some beating too , great for winter grayling and ive had browns pick them of the bottom static .
He has one of the ages inventive minds ,and tying skills to back it up .

--------------
A C W formerly Andy C Wren
 Post Number: 4
Berlin Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 01 2004,22:56 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

One that is really doing well at the moment is a version I made in Roys style using a goose primary feather I found by the river last week. Its the perfect colour.

Wing is Squirrel, hackle grizzled.

Size 16...Fantastic fly..

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------
"... If life wasn't how we pictured it - and sometimes I don't have the Energy to prove everybody wrong... It's so hard when it doesn't come easy and I feel so guilty" - The Dixie Chicks
-----------
FFFUSA and FFFEurope Certified casting instructor.
-----------
 Post Number: 5
Roy Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 03 2004,16:32 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

AW shucks
Thanks guys

--------------
Avon Special Emerger - the original inverse-reversed fly
see website
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
4 replies since Jun. 01 2004,14:22 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic

» Quick Reply Roy's flies
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code