PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

World Championships

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

World Championships

Post by Paul Arden »

Two weeks to go! :pirate:
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
JAT
Answers: 0

World Championships

Post by JAT »

Gutted I won't be there! :(
bartdezwaan

World Championships

Post by bartdezwaan »

looking forward to it!
JAT

World Championships

Post by JAT »

If anyone is interested in selling a 10' #9 guideline reaction for £225 virtually brand new perfect for the sea trout distance event
Paul Arden
Site Admin

World Championships

Post by Paul Arden »

The British Bulldogs are now down to a team of two. Which is unfortunate because we had planned to take all the medals. We'll just have to leave the bronze behind, Lee.

Flycasting Definitions
Lee Cummings

World Championships

Post by Lee Cummings »

I'm sure England will be represented in much greater numbers if we actually get to host the WC in 2016.

As for this time round, it's definitely on for me to attempt to invade the foreign shores once more... :pirate:
Paul Arden
Site Admin

World Championships

Post by Paul Arden »

This is just an idea I'm thinking of, but wouldn't it be a good idea to limit the number of entrants for each event to six per country? We can do the eliminators at home. I would love to see the creation of a heats system. And I'm pretty sure we can do that in the UK. Anyway, stuff to discuss in Norway!

Flycasting Definitions
Lasse Karlsson

World Championships

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Hi Paul

It's 8 now, why 6?

I'd much rather see that the womens class only takes 8 or 10 to have a final than cutting down the numbers of participants from each nation....

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
Paul Arden
Site Admin

World Championships

Post by Paul Arden »

For two reasons. 1) I'd like to see heats 2) if you come to England we will have 8 in every event. What a waste of time! In fact iI'd rather it was 4. Send your best four out there, found out through home competitions, and have a heat system which builds both fairness and excitement.

The wind is too much of a factor in these events not to have heats. And one of the ways to have heats is to limit the entries. We're going to have to have an elimination process in the UK to limit ourselves to eight entrants in the 5 single handed stuff for sure, if we host the event. Why eliminate to only 8 if it makes a heat system impossible because of time constraints?

Is there any nation putting 8 women into any event? How many do the Norwegians enter? In the UK I think we would have three. If there are more than six Norwegian women who would travel to the UK I would be amazed. But if that's a problem to make a women's final happen then the women could have a larger team. I'm happy to be outnumbered by women.

Cheers Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Lasse Karlsson

World Championships

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Ok, I see your point regarding heats, and that would be fine by me!

And no to the women, Norway is sending 5 I think, we have one, Sweden is sending one, US one I think, UK none apperently etc. Not enough women to meet the 15 entrants rule for a final, and that is sad. Finals makes it more Interesting when it's single events counting.

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)

Return to “Casting Sport”