PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

WC Accuracy Rules

James9118

WC Accuracy Rules

Post by James9118 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:31 pm

Lasse - I could easily spiral a legal leader down the fly line a bit (maybe a metre or so) and then spiral it back to the tip so that the fly is just beyond the fly line - but still attached to a legal tippet etc.

And no, my score was no where near - but I'm getting better :D

Me and my horse are planning on setting new records for the long jump into a Cumbrian Lake :kungfu:

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 1

WC Accuracy Rules

Post by Paul Arden » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:46 pm

Will you be casting off horse-back for distance too?
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions

Lasse Karlsson

WC Accuracy Rules

Post by Lasse Karlsson » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:50 am

James, so you have it spiralled down the line and up again, so it will easily be pulled of at tackle control, where it will pass... How does that cast, and will you win in Cumbria with it?

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

http://www.karlssonflyfishing.com

***Bring Mark back!!!!!! ***

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 1

WC Accuracy Rules

Post by Paul Arden » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:36 pm

Because if you are, then I'm casting off a giraffe. :cool:
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions

Lasse Karlsson

WC Accuracy Rules

Post by Lasse Karlsson » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:05 pm

I'd love to see that, hope you two are in the same heat :D

James9118

WC Accuracy Rules

Post by James9118 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:43 pm

Paul - In Cumbria the horses are in a field that's just behind the pub that is right next to where we're casting - it's meant to be :D

Lasse - I suspect it will kick like one of the aforementioned horses being ridden bareback by a drunk Welshman :D I'll give it a go soon and see how my scoring is.

Boisker

WC Accuracy Rules

Post by Boisker » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:37 am

I had a look through the thread and don’t think I missed the full rules, do the ones pasted below look as though they are still the appropriate rules?
I’m surprised the outer ring still carries a score out to 180cm, I fish streams narrower than that :D .... although I would guess that for most competitors it comes down to how many centre rings they miss, I believe there have been a number of perfect scores in previous competitions which is pretty damn impressive.

3. Trout accuracy
Equipment
1. Rod: Fly rod of any make or AFTM class, maximum length 275.5 cm. including production deviation (9 ft. = 274.3 cm).
2. Fly line: Scientific anglers mastery expert distance competition WF5F (orange, 120 ft.). The line shall not be modified in any way. 3. Leader: Monofilament, minimum length 2.5 metres. Tippet of minimum length 40 cm. and maximum diameter of 0.30 mm.
4. Fly: Supplied by organiser (fly with hook removed).
The event
5. Court: 4 targets, each consisting of 3 circular rings with diameters of 60-120-180 cm. The targets are placed randomly between 8 and 15 meters from the stand (measured from the front and of the stand to the centre of the individual targets). The distance between the stand and the
targets will be reset between the qualification rounds and the finals. The stand is marked and measures 1.2 m. x 1.2 m.
6. Casting sequence: From left to right 1, 2, 3, 4 * 4, a total of 16 cast.
7. Type of cast: Overhead cast is the only type of cast allowed. Adjusting the length of the line outside the top ring can only be done while false casting. When starting, the caster must hold the fly in hand, and the length of the fly line outside the top ring can not exceed the length of the rod.
8. Time limit: 5 minutes
9. Results: A hit is recorded if the fly hits within or on the ring itself. A hit on or within the centre ring is awarded with five (5)
points, a hit on or within the middle ring is awarded with three (3) points, and a hit on or within the outer ring is awarded with one (1) point.
If the fly, leader or line strikes the surface while false casting, the cast is regarded invalid (0 points), and the caster must continue to the next target.
If two or more contestants achieves same result, the elapsed time will decide their rankings.

Lasse Karlsson

WC Accuracy Rules

Post by Lasse Karlsson » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:57 pm

Hi Matt

Yup those look pretty right!
And so far no one has scored a perfect score in competition. Thats 80 points, and closest in outdoor is Steve Rajeff with 78 in qualification in 2010... Some of the Norwegians are getting close in theor indoor competitions, but they are cast on dry ground.

Cheers
Lasse

Boisker

WC Accuracy Rules

Post by Boisker » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:13 pm

Cheers Lasse, I could have sworn i’d read S Rajeff had got perfect scores, obviously i’d dreamt it, I need to get out more!
.. so 78 would mean hitting the inner circle target 15 out of 16 attempts.... not a bad effort :D :D :D

I’ve still got ‘some’ room for improvement :whistle:

Lasse Karlsson

WC Accuracy Rules

Post by Lasse Karlsson » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:47 pm

I think most of us have :D

In casting sport, steve has hit the perfect score several times, there the top three is more often than not found by how fast they have hit the perfect score, we are still a long way away from getting there in flycasting :blush:

And yes, it was cool to watch, and see the disappointed second on Steve's face when he hit that 3 instead of 5 :oh: it was really a contest for silver that year, gold had already been taken.

Cheers
Lasse

Return to “Casting Sport”