PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Swedish Worlds 2020

sms
Answers: 0

Re: Swedish Worlds 2020

Post by sms »

Regarding worlds:
Casting will not be in Sweden in 2020. Fly casting will be in Sweden. Sweden withdrew from the casting side.
I'm here just for the chicks.

-Sakke
bartdezwaan

Post by bartdezwaan »

Thanks Sakke.
That is quit something.
Probably a big challenge to get the casting part organized before 2020.

Cheers, Bart
Lasse Karlsson

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

sms wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:34 pm Regarding worlds:
Casting will not be in Sweden in 2020. Fly casting will be in Sweden. Sweden withdrew from the casting side.
Hi Sakke

Do you know why? Sweden have had the world championships in casting recently, so they are already on top of what is needed?

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
sms

Post by sms »

Apparently they feel the do not have full ICSF support and they received a lot of surprise critique from the 2019 WC.
I'm here just for the chicks.

-Sakke
Lasse Karlsson

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Wow, that's not nice ☹️
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
Dung Fly

Post by Dung Fly »

Part of the hosting process is to identify a location that meets or exceeds the bid book. What is the point in hosting an event where the area for casting is too small ?
If you look at it from the competitors eyes, you want to perform to your best and cast well, in the distance events you want to make your longest casts count.
Many of the casters will (in the plug distance events) have cast in-excess of 125m+, the proposal for using a football pitch will only give you a 110m casting court.
Flip that around to the Salmon Distance event, where winning distances are between 75-85m, then add the space for the back cast you are requiring 120m minimum to be safe and to allow the caster what they require to make long casts.
Factor in the €800+ entry fees you can see why poor feedback is given.
The venue at Malmo that was used in 2007 had acres of space.
Torsten

Post by Torsten »

I've seen a video from the WC2020 presentation, don't think that the venue size was the major argument. We have a similar sports stadion in Berlin and hosted WC qualifications and one Youth WC, this was all possible - longest cast salmon distance I've seen here with T120 was 91m. Main critique point from the executive board was the 10 days (too much days).
I think myself that the idea of having Casting / Fly Casting together was pretty good.
Dung Fly

Post by Dung Fly »

Here in the UK, we regularly cast 110m+ with plugs, with 33% of the disciplines requiring fields bigger than 110m then why only look for places the same size as a football pitch ?
I’ve attended numerous WCs since 2004 and get fed up when the location is too small.
Torsten

Post by Torsten »

Some of my club members cast that too - we build it up usually diagonal and then there is space for 120m+, of course you're right not ideal when having cross winds for instance. At least that was not the main critique point that I've heard.
Michal Duzynski

Post by Michal Duzynski »

O wow, what's next then.
Will the new location and program posted soon?

Mike

Return to “Casting Sport”