PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Swedish Worlds 2020

Michal Duzynski
Answers: 0

Re: Swedish Worlds 2020

Post by Michal Duzynski »

ciao
I just saw it on the facebook. Is it regarding WC, or other Swesish annual meeting?
cheers
mike
Attachments
Screenshot_20200312-193508_Chrome.jpg
Lasse Karlsson

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

It's the annual meeting that has been postponed, hopefully only a few months...

Nothing on the world's yet, and that should go forward as its after summer.

Several of the big fairs have been cancelled this spring, EWF and sportsfiskamassan among them...

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
Michal Duzynski

Thank you Lasse
Torsten

Post by Torsten »

For your information, quote from https://www.icsf-castingsport.com/news/ ... s-covid19/

"ICSF Castingsport announces interruptions due to COVID-19

After detailed discussions in the ICSF Presidium we have decided the castingsport activities until 30 April 2020 to be suspended.
Our priority is the health and well-being of our international federations and the athletes who participate in our events.
We ask for your understanding for these measures.

Your Presidency of the International Casting Sport Federation"

I got also an E-Mail from our fishing association:
"Sporting and training activities on and in all public and private sports facilities, swimming pools, fitness studios, etc. are prohibited. The Landessportbund Berlin supports this measure, because sport can make an important contribution to the containment of the corona virus."

The RYBOMANIA Indoor European Cup and 1st World Cup Tallinn 2020 are already cancelled.
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

It’s a good question. They don’t know but will have a decision by May 15th latest.
Hi Paul,
Thanks for your concern and information.
Later this week we send out information and the decision is to at the latest May 15 decide if we shall go on or not.
To postpone to next year is a good idea.
Take care of you,
All the best,
Lotta

Lise-Lotte Janson
It’s very early to know on this.
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
sms

Post by sms »

Every day of uncertainty makes it more difficult for at least some to arrange their travel etc. Also many may get financially affected by the current situation and should have enough time to decide if they are to invest to a trip to Sweden.
Thus, in my opinion, 2021 sounds like a reasonable solution.
I'm here just for the chicks.

-Sakke
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

I have to agree. I think this is going to be a very crippling next six months for most of us. Since the Olympics moved by one year I think it gives us very good precedence to do the same for the Super Olympics in Fly Casting.

If Sweden do drop it in 2020, I really hope that they pick it up next year. If however the climate is clear for this year, then of course I will be there. I really hope that we are over this by August.

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Michal Duzynski

Ciao- Australian point of view- wow, where do I start?
 I start from myself

1) Me and my family are fucked. We both in hospitality and we both lost our jobs till further notice. Lucky I found some job in a food factory. My wife can not get finacial help from government because our assets are to high, and it looks like we are living super fucking life, but we got mortgage to pay( same as many many aussies), and other payments.
  All my savings for the WC in Sweden trip are going now to support my family- SO I AM OUT, PLUS I don't fancy, flying around the World with this shit in the air,and I really hope it will be postponed.
  Anyway Australia has locked their borders - NO IN- NO OUT, I think for 6months

...back to Australia

2) Borders closed
3) Thousands, Thousands of people without jobs
4) Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Libraries, Churches, Beaches are Closed
5) Dam is closed for recreation and FISHING
6) Social meetings to no more then 2 people
7) Weddings no more then 5 people
8) Funeral no more then 10 people
9) First rugby and football matches without spectators, now NOW matches at all. Public freaks out, players with 79% of pay cut for up to 7months
10) Domestic airline VIRGIN cuts 90% of flights and puts 8500 staff without jobs till further notice
11) Students on student visa are even more fucked. Normally they work in hospitality while studying, but now No study, No work, No country to come back to, No rights for any claims in Australia

...there you go
As much as I love our sport and compeating in it I will not attend Sweden if WC in August goes ahead- very pity.
  I hope it will be postponed.

p.s
  Hey Paul, this might also answer your question why John postponed events in Melbourne

cheers
mike   
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Hey Paul, this might also answer your question why John postponed events in Melbourne
Yes I’m fully aware as to why they were postponed :D I’m sitting here absolutely staggered as to how the world has shut shop. My wife has still be kept on pay at her resort but I don’t think that’s going to continue indefinitely. China was shut for 10 weeks so that’s what I expect, not six months. But we will have to see mate.

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Dung Fly

Post by Dung Fly »

The reality is that -
Some countries will limit travel and places to travel to/from.
Flights will be dearer (Airlines wanting to regain lost profits).
Hotels will be dearer (same reason as Airlines).
People will have additional expenses due to additional loans to get them through.
Life will become more expensive (additional screening of transferred produce).
People will become more wary of others.

Life going forward will be very different to what we have known to love, it’s scary to think that a microscopic virus has caused so much havoc in such a short time, it has locked down (in most cases) countries world wide with devastating effect, its crippled economies, industries & medical resources, the devastation it is having on people’s mental well being through being in isolation is unprecedented.

From an organiser here in the UK (surfcasting) it’s possible that the whole tournament calendar could be struck through as people won’t have any spare money to travel and stay in hotels etc.

Return to “Casting Sport”