PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Swedish Worlds 2020

Michal Duzynski
Answers: 0

Re: Swedish Worlds 2020

Post by Michal Duzynski »

Big difference from 9-12 September.
Thanks Paul.
Mike
Michal Duzynski

And the final location is important too.
Is it Ronneby, is it Karlshamn??? It is 17of Jan already. Should the invite be official by now?
Cheers
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

I’m not sure but I’m sure we’ll hear in the next few days. I’m planning on an Ironman on 8th August. So that should still be enough time for me to recover :D

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Michal Duzynski

Ciao.
I jugle here between SL meet and WC.
Funny, that after either event the only( main) social media that this things are discussed is Sexyloops.
So if you win and become W Champion, outside of here nobody really cares. All the HIGH FIVES are given by the sexyloopers anyway. If you win the shootout at SL you might even end up with an awesome fly rod( If Paul does what he did before).
If you win TD with 43m at WC and win TD at SL mert with 44m- I think the amount of comments might be the same.
I also think that the amount of exitment is the same, maybe even more at SL meet as you have to perform your best with different outfits( sorry, SL meet is not a superb event for DH).
SL meet, might be cheaper, funnier, and you could learn a lot- its all about casting anyway- and the thrill of compiting is same.

I might have a bit of winge here, but I have some serious f...king decisions to make.
I have to be in Europe around that time anyway ( cant do both- sorry Paul), and need to decide whats better???

P.s
Lasse- you the smart guy here :whistle: , and I,always respect whatever you write here. What are your thoughts, knowing that you said "FUCK", when the August dates were posted :p

Cheers
Mike
Lee Cummings

Post by Lee Cummings »

I got my ear pissed heavily in during dec 2016 for the official 2018 date (almost as if I couldn't be trusted)

As such, it was sorted January 2017- 18 month in advance

Give us the final date and location, so we can all start saving and planning
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

As I understand it there has been some challenges with the ICSF. I don’t know much about it but I’m sure we will learn.

Cheers,
Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Dung Fly

Post by Dung Fly »

Really need Thorgier to contribute here as there is minimal to no comms from either the organisers or the ICSF.

It’s very frustrating as a self funded competitor, that can end up you questioning why you actually need to bother when there are other events that are more demanding with the same competitors.

Perhaps rename the SL event as the ‘Alternative Real World Championship’ and boycott the ICSF ?
Lasse Karlsson

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

I doubt there'll be 130 competitors at the SL meet, and since I'm probably not going, the first place is up for grabs and not as much worth 😉

I do agree the ICSF needs a kick in the butt though..

Cheers
Lasse
Self funded competitor
Team captain Denmark
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

I'm probably not going
Worlds? That’s a bummer mate. I hope you make it. I have a leader for you :cool:

SL meet has always had a friendly casting comp in fact that’s how it started. But it’s not the WCs. That’s a different thing altogether!! For a start 30 or 40 people is a really nice number. The dynamics change after this and they are very different at 170!!! There is obviously a cross-over of attendees because of the way they evolved.

SL is fun and educational. We have late nights. There will be fish. But the world championships is the world championships. It’s a different thing for me completely.

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Lasse Karlsson

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Paul Arden wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:42 pm
I'm probably not going
Worlds? That’s a bummer mate. I hope you make it. I have a leader for you :cool:

SL meet has always had a friendly casting comp in fact that’s how it started. But it’s not the WCs. That’s a different thing altogether!! For a start 30 or 40 people is a really nice number. The dynamics change after this and they are very different at 170!!! There is obviously a cross-over of attendees because of the way they evolved.

SL is fun and educational. We have late nights. There will be fish. But the world championships is the world championships. It’s a different thing for me completely.

Cheers, Paul
Oh, looking forward to that leader, seems like I will make the worlds, SL meet not so much unfortunately, so will settle for beating you in official competition this year 😜

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)

Return to “Casting Sport”