PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Amnesia for leader

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Amnesia for leader

Post by Paul Arden »

bartdezwaan wrote:
Paul Arden wrote:Is it possible to still buy the black amnesia? I have a use for it in fly tying :D

Thanks, Paul
One of the shops over here stocks it.
You need some?
Yes some spools of 40 lbs if possible please :)

Thanks, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
ACW
Answers: 0

Amnesia for leader

Post by ACW »

These days I only use shooting heads on double handers
Back in the day when I used to fish nasty lead trolling line shooting heads the nylon running lines would even on large argour reels curl ,kink and tangle with depressing regularity and would last a very short ime.
The S Parton came up with stren which was less tangle prone ,i also found some #1 wt floating level line which was great with an intermediate head and with care rarely tangled ,at present I am using a barstool similar running line ,no it does'nt go into a slinky .
BTW if I can use a spey line rather than a shooting head I am much happier (Skagit is the work of the devil)
Lasse Karlsson

Amnesia for leader

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

It works for real competitions too :)

Amnesia, yeah sometimes it does, and at other times getting 30+ meters of mono to be straight just never happens with amnesia. Joke is it forgot to forget to have memory :p I now only use it for butt sections, for years it was the mandatory shootingline in the Danish Championships, and it was awful! As soon as it got a slight twist, it would stay there.

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
Lasse Karlsson

Amnesia for leader

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Andy, try the opst smooth :p

I fish shootingheads majority of the time, only really use a full line when riverfishing dryflyish (even used to use a shootinghead there) so have been through alot of different mono's, my life is too short for coated runninglines ;) all running and shootinglines are prone to tangles, part of the learningcurve.

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
ACW

Amnesia for leader

Post by ACW »

Lasse Karlsson wrote:Andy, try the opst smooth :p

I fish shootingheads majority of the time, only really use a full line when riverfishing dryflyish (even used to use a shootinghead there) so have been through alot of different mono's, my life is too short for coated runninglines ;) all running and shootinglines are prone to tangles, part of the learningcurve.

Cheers
Lasse
Thanks
may well get some from Funky Toby at the next London fly fair ,any ideas on a shooting head for my HT4 there are some barstool fish that seem to rise at beachcaster distance on my season ticket water .
glad the barstool translator is still working .
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Amnesia for leader

Post by Paul Arden »

:D
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Casting Sport”