PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

ICSF

Torsten
Answers: 0

ICSF

Post by Torsten »

Hi Paul,

you can find most details in their constitution [1], the highest committee is the general assembly:
1.6.1. The General Assembly shall elect all ICSF officers as under Section 1.6.2, Section 1.12.2 and Section 1.13.2. The election may be held at any scheduled meeting or by absentee ballot. The duties of all elected officers shall begin at the moment of being declared elected.
1.7.5. Each Member Federation can have two delegates or alternate delegates. Each Member Federation having one vote. The vote of a Member Federation may be cast by proxy only by another Member Association. No Member Federation shall carry more than one proxy vote.
The financial report seems not to be published on the homepage; but each member federation has the right to see that.

--

[1] http://www.icsf-castingsport.com/images ... n_2015.pdf
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

ICSF

Post by Paul Arden »

Excellent! All above Board then :cool: You wouldn’t believe how some of the other associations are run!

(Big sigh of relief)

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Torsten

ICSF

Post by Torsten »

Something happened:

https://www.icsf-castingsport.com/index ... on/members

(if you ignore the spelling errors of course :whistle: )

--
Excellent! All above Board then :cool: You wouldn’t believe how some of the other associations are run!
The general assembly is in November:
https://www.icsf-castingsport.com/image ... tation.pdf
Paul Arden
Site Admin

ICSF

Post by Paul Arden »

Wow.

Flycasting Definitions
Torsten

ICSF

Post by Torsten »

Somehow it required convincing work from me that they should correct that list. I repeated also several times that it would be good to have fly casting results on the ICSF page. We'll see, I hope I'm getting forward.
Paul Arden
Site Admin

ICSF

Post by Paul Arden »

For about 5000 Euros you can get a nice clean professional looking website - with lots of happy smiley people where you can see their faces, along with a clear mission statement and regular competition results. It’s not very difficult and it’s time and money well spent. What would be a nice service is to list casting clubs around the world where readers looking for the local competition scene can easily find it. Actually that’s probably something we should do as well. Certainly if you are interesting in casting sport you’re not going to be enthralled having visited that page. And people need thrilling nowadays! :)

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Torsten

ICSF

Post by Torsten »

Hi Paul,

that was basically what I've said to him. In Berlin are several a good web design companies. I think ideal would be something based on Wordpress (many pages are designed today with that).

In my opinion there should be an offical proposal from the members for the general assembly. Maybe you could convince the Jersey Freshwater Angling Association?

Thanks,
Torsten
Paul Arden
Site Admin

ICSF

Post by Paul Arden »

Hi Torsten,

Yes WordPress is fine. I use it for friend’s sites and have several installs here on Sexyloops - Ronan’s blog, HTOC, SLTV etc. I will certainly mention it to my Jersey friends!

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
John Waters

ICSF

Post by John Waters »

Hi All,

Not sure of the payback on a snappy website vs a non-flash one, but it will make annual fees increase for us all, particularly those who do not have an national body paying fees on our behalf, but rather, those individuals who have to come up with 580 euros each year.

I would like to see some facts on return on the investment first, but that’s just me reflecting on a lifetime In finance and economics.

I would have thought that results, images, videos etc can be achieved in the current framework, it just needs someone to volunteer the time to manage the asset.

We all complain about the cost of our sport and a new website expenditure must be recovered in fees.

Gee I sound like a fuddy old geezer don’t I, but to bastardise a phrase, show me the payback.

John
Paul Arden
Site Admin

ICSF

Post by Paul Arden »

Where does the money currently go?

As Torsten says you can make a nice pretty site in WordPress which is free and easy to update. That said I do think there is great value to be had in a bespoke front page. It makes a huge difference in perception.

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Casting Sport”