PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

March Challenge

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

March Challenge

Post by Paul Arden »

It's only the TA section where you can't go off-topic; everywhere else tangents are both expected and encouraged! :cool:

I've never heard of golfer elbow. Thank goodness there is not a fly fisher's elbow too, otherwise we'd be fucked! Please keep me in the loop mate. Best of luck Thursday.

Cheers, Paul

PS shirts arrived yet?
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Michal Duzynski
Answers: 0

March Challenge

Post by Michal Duzynski »

Not yet.
I will keep you inform.
Golfers- inner elbow.
jarmo
Answers: 1

March Challenge

Post by jarmo »

Michal Duzynski wrote: It is golfer elbow Im talking about. I had tennis elbow 7 years ago, treated with cortisone and never had problem again.

On Thursday Im going to sport doctor who firs will do the consultation and then decide to hit me or not with the shot.
Well that is good news. Probably differences between individuals are involved in some people seeing cortisone as a miracle cure and others seeing it as the beginning of the end.

Back on topic. Since it’s not salmon fever season yet, a challenge like this fills the void: “If this were easy, we wouldn’t be interested.”
Michal Duzynski

March Challenge

jarmo wrote:
Michal Duzynski wrote: I got physio tomorrow, cortisone on Thursday- bring it on
To treat a tennis elbow?

Just in case, a quick translation from a local doctor's manual: "Cortisone injections are not recommended, because they may increase the possibility of recurrence of a tennis elbow within 3-12 months."

Physiotherapy is... interesting. I got 100% perpendicular instructions from two therapists for the same problem. The first prescribed zero stretching and all strength. That only made the original problem worse and introduced a new one. The second prescribed zero strength and all stretching. That seems to be working, but it takes some time to fix what the first broke.

Ha ha ha, that is funny, very funny.
Just walked out from physio studio.
I explained her what I do( fly casting) and all the motion involved.
I told her about my previous 2 visits with different physio, and that she recomened a lot of streching. This one today said" forget streching, this an old research, you need to get stronger"
She dud some dry needling on me, and gave some strenght exercise STATIC STRENGH EXERCISE, aparantly static is a new thing.
Anyway, Im not convinced with all that physio business. I did it because I had a deal.
One thing she said ( my wife will be very happy) I need to get fit and stronger again.

Third time lucky. Will see what the sport dr says before injecting me with cortisone- till Thursday than.
Mike
Michal Duzynski

March Challenge

Happy days
Cortisone shot done, very nice dr( big bodybuilder), we had a good chat, he gave me a couple of good points.
Now (on Monday) Im of to Poland for 10 days, then busy work trhough Easter, so no casting for a month.
I let it rest( still doing some streching and strenghening- as per physio)
Anyway before the dr visit I went for 1h session. Wind was ok, nothing crazy, but made me happy with couple 40m casts and 1 of 41.5m with TD, and couple of 48m with ST.
Now rest time. Next comp Melbourne in August, so I will follow your April challange from a side.
Cheers
Mike

Return to “Casting Sport”