PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Tackle recommendations for the ST27 and salmon 55g

daniel
Answers: 0

Tackle recommendations for the ST27 and salmon 55g

Post by daniel »

After a great weekend at the UK Flycasting Championships at Port Haverigg, I need to spend some time practising the ST27 and overhead salmon events. Any recommendations on tackle at a reasonable cost for these?

James mentioned an old Daiwa Wilderness (blue blank?) for the 55g but I can't seem to locate one. Any other budget rods I can use.

Same with the ST27, what ERN rods are most competitors using for this event? Much to be gained from 10ft as opposed to 9ft rods. Realise for both events I'm going to have to experiment with head weights, tapers, lengths etc. Plus spend all winter practicing :pirate:

Cheers
Dan
James9118

Re: Tackle recommendations for the ST27 and salmon 55g

Post by James9118 »

Hi Dan,

This isn't a recommendation - does anyone know if this is any good?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ex-Display-D ... Swm-FcNM~3
daniel

Re: Tackle recommendations for the ST27 and salmon 55g

Post by daniel »

Saw that one too James but as it wasn't the old model I didn't want to buy it to find its crap. What exactly are we looking for anyway with the 55g rod. Stiffness or something with a bit of give? I have absolutely no clue on double handed stuff (plus a lot of other things :D )

Return to “Casting Sport”