PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

ST27 - where to start?

Lasse Karlsson
Answers: 0

ST27 - where to start?

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Michal Duzynski wrote: Thanks Lasse
Nicely put, its a good guideline for practice.
p.s
to all -a part from Mike's Barrio recent set of 27g heads, what are the heads you are using?

cheers
You're welcome Mike :)

Cut GT140 WF8 :D My backup line was cut from a MSX Control WF8, but I got a second GT140 that Mike found in his shed, thanks mr. Barrio!!! :cool:

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
Tracy

ST27 - where to start?

Post by Tracy »

I've been concentrating on the ST27 casting with one of Mike B's lines and my 9ft 10wt (occasionally have to let James use it!) and my pb is currently 138ft. Have also been casting the 5wt and have finally broken the 100ft mark so am looking forward to seeing how far I can push this distance

Ben - I'll be at the Spanish gathering and will love to have a cast of your 27g to compare mine with
Lasse Karlsson

ST27 - where to start?

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Hi Tracy

138 is a good cast! Womens world record is 123+ feet.

Will you be coming to Norway?

Cheers
Lasse

Ben_d

ST27 - where to start?

Post by Ben_d »

Tracy wrote:I've been concentrating on the ST27 casting with one of Mike B's lines and my 9ft 10wt (occasionally have to let James use it!) and my pb is currently 138ft. Have also been casting the 5wt and have finally broken the 100ft mark so am looking forward to seeing how far I can push this distance

Ben - I'll be at the Spanish gathering and will love to have a cast of your 27g to compare mine with
Superb Tracy :cool:

Course you can get a shot of the rod in Spain (as long as you don't look at it too hard or take any notes), James can wait until after the CLA :D

Ben
Tracy

ST27 - where to start?

Post by Tracy »

Hi Lasse - I might come to Norway however I would want to make sure my distances are more on par with the Scandinavian females' casts, and at the moment I don't think they are. I thought they were throwing more like 140ft in competition in the best conditions. My best in competition with the ST27 is 129ft and I've only been doing the ST27 for a year, so I reckon I've got more to learn to improve my distances.

Thanks Ben, looking forward to catching up in Spain and trying out the different rods - don't worry about me spying for James; I'll be too busy having fun ;)
Lasse Karlsson

ST27 - where to start?

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Hi Tracy

Come, by all means come! It makes the competition much more fun. There's a shortage of women competing, and last time most of them entered all events to make sure they would be held.

The Swedish record is 142 feet in excellent conditions, by Anna Hedman.
But that would be a dream to have those conditions in Norway :D And I'm not sure she will be entering this year :)

I'm seeing Mike and Mark next week, I'll make sure they go home with the keys to this event :pirate:

Cheers
Lasse

James9118

ST27 - where to start?

Post by James9118 »

Lasse Karlsson wrote:
I'm seeing Mike and Mark next week, I'll make sure they go home with the keys to this event :pirate:
Mike needs all the help he can get - he only beat Tracy by 7 inches in our last shoot-out :D :p . Meeeow.
AtomSix

ST27 - where to start?

Post by AtomSix »

Tracy wrote:I've been concentrating on the ST27 casting with one of Mike B's lines and my 9ft 10wt (occasionally have to let James use it!) and my pb is currently 138ft. Have also been casting the 5wt and have finally broken the 100ft mark so am looking forward to seeing how far I can push this distance
Tracy you have me worried now!!

I best get some practice as soon as my arm is better
Steve Parkes
AtomSix Fly Rods
Stoatstail50

ST27 - where to start?

Post by Stoatstail50 »

I'm seeing Mike and Mark next week, I'll make sure they go home with the keys to this event
I remember trying 32m into an ashtray but you didn't give either of us any keys.. :oh:
Casting Definitions

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
Lasse Karlsson

ST27 - where to start?

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

You forgot your creditcard, and left too early :p

;)

Return to “Casting Sport”