PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Rick Hartman - Welcome!!

Moderator: Paul Arden

John Waters
Answers: 0

Rick Hartman - Welcome!!

Post by John Waters »

You'd fit in beautifully Walter. :-)
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Rick Hartman - Welcome!!

Post by Paul Arden »

Do you still throw in your "barn", Rick? I believe there may be a more serious US contingent this year with Chris Korich and friends. Hope so!
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Walter

Rick Hartman - Welcome!!

Post by Walter »

John Waters wrote:You'd fit in beautifully Walter. :-)
People are often saying they would love to have me come to Australia for 5 minutes. :p
"There can be only one." - The Highlander. :pirate:

PS. I have a flying tank. Your argument is irrelevant.

PSS. How to generate a climbing loop through control of the casting stroke is left as a (considerable) exercise to the reader.
Rick Hartman

Rick Hartman - Welcome!!

Post by Rick Hartman »

Paul, I have not thrown in the barn in 2 to 3 years now. I am serious, I suck. I am glad to hear the Chris is competing again, I had heard he slowed down on the casting scene. He is a very talented caster, next to some guy named Rajeff.
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Rick Hartman - Welcome!!

Post by Paul Arden »

I'm not sure if he's competing or coaching. Did you have any serious changes to your technique after we last met? Are you still mr under armor? :)

Flycasting Definitions
Rick Hartman

Rick Hartman - Welcome!!

Post by Rick Hartman »

Paul since you were here, my cast didn't change drastically. I would say slightly more compact, but this of course could be that I am mostly fishing, and don't want to fall off the boat.
Rick Hartman

Rick Hartman - Welcome!!

Post by Rick Hartman »

and no, I have gotten way to ugly to be photographed for underarmor. They now have some real athletes.
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Rick Hartman - Welcome!!

Post by Paul Arden »

Hmmm, I thought you always were :p Well, thanks Rick for giving us a week on the Board! It's always a pleasure mate and I look forward to catching up in real life and fishing together soon. Hope you make it out to the World Championships one of these times, I'm sure you'd have a blast!

Incidentally quick question, how did fly fishing for redfish begin? And what percentage of your clients are flyfishers? Has this changed over the years?

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “A week with...”