PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

New to the Board - Dave Shepherd

If you are new to the board please tell us about yourself...
DaveShepherd
Answers: 0

Post by DaveShepherd »

Hi All.
Greetings from a very hot Durban, South Africa.
I have been fly-fishing on and off for about 25 years. Mainly on stillwaters for trout and recently (past 3 years) saltwater.

Saltwater, in the surf zone, is relatively productive in our area mainly small stuff though but they still give you a good rev on a 5wt. Small kingies, shad, Wave Garrick(large spot pompano), Stonebream, etc.

I have the opportunity to go up north, to just below the Mozambique border to target big GTs and other larger kingfish and have been trying to get my casting sorted for the trip in March.

Have followed the Sexyloops site for a number of years and read and re-read most of the instruction articles as well as having Paul's mobile app on my tablet.

I do have a few questions to pose to the board but will do that under separate posts.

Tight lines.
Dave
Walter

Post by Walter »

Welcome to SL the place for all of your answers (and then some :D ). I'm from Alberta, Canada with trout streams so I can answer pretty much none of your salt water questions :D but like most Sexyloopers I won't let that stop me. :p

Walter
"There can be only one." - The Highlander. :pirate:

PS. I have a flying tank. Your argument is irrelevant.

PSS. How to generate a climbing loop through control of the casting stroke is left as a (considerable) exercise to the reader.
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

Welcome to the Board, Dave, fantastic you've joined. :cool: The GT fishing sounds awesome. Is it flats or reefs? Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
t.z.

Post by t.z. »

Return to “New to the Board, Introductions”