PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Hallo from Tuscany

If you are new to the board please tell us about yourself...
David Gianfaldoni
Answers: 1

Hallo from Tuscany

Post by David Gianfaldoni » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:17 am

Hallo everyone,
my name is david and I live in Tuscany, Italy. I'm 50 years old and fly fishing since the age of 12. I started in fresh water to fish mainly for trouts and grayling, but starting from 1999 I switched to saltwater to fly fish for sea predators. Since then I've never fished in rivers and streams. I love fly fishing both from the coast and in blue waters from the boat, I have an open 6-meter outboard with a 90 hp engine, which I use in the open waters of the east Ligurian sea. I follow this forum with great interest because I'm passionate about fly casting, especially casting for distance, for the fact that in the environment where I fish it is a clear need to cover as much water as possible to get the best results. Thank you all for the valuable information I can get from you. :yeahhh:
david
Attachments
David_Gianfaldoni_swff.jpg
David_Gianfaldoni_swff.jpg (62.9 KiB) Viewed 5122 times

Michal Duzynski

Hallo from Tuscany

Post by Michal Duzynski » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:23 pm

Ciao Italiano
Welcome to SEXYLOOPS.
Where were you when I lived in Treviso ha ha. If I met you before I wouldnt move to Austtalia.
P.s
Alora sei tu lo David che parla di distanza sul Pipam?
Ciao
Mike

David Gianfaldoni

Hallo from Tuscany

Post by David Gianfaldoni » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:34 pm

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the welcome.
Yes I am!
When you come back to Italy you'll be my guest on boat! ;)

Ciao
david

Paul Arden
Site Admin

Hallo from Tuscany

Post by Paul Arden » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:43 pm

Hello David and welcome to the Board!!! :) :)

What do you fish for in Italy? Tuna? I have some Hungarian friends who fish off the Croatian coast but not fly fishing. Great to hear it can be done!!

Very happy to have you here!

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions

David Gianfaldoni

Hallo from Tuscany

Post by David Gianfaldoni » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:39 am

Hello Paul,
Thank you for the welcome!
Depends on seasons, summer and fall are the best time to fly fish in blue water, from the end of August to the end of December is very good for many pelagic species, during this time we can find tunas, bonitos, false albacore, mackerel, etc, in this time I especially like fly fish in top water for dorados with crease flies or poppers. Winter is best time for sea bass, fishing on rivers estuary, coast line and inside harbors. Spring time is good for blue fish, leerfish, scomber, etc. These days we are in full shads run, but unfortunately it has not rain much and for now there are few.
Attachments
5T_14-11-2015_8.jpg
5T_14-11-2015_8.jpg (108.77 KiB) Viewed 5055 times

Paul Arden
Site Admin

Hallo from Tuscany

Post by Paul Arden » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:04 pm

That's great - I've only fished for Dorado once, in Exmouth Australia. Beautiful fish :)
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions

Michal Duzynski

Hallo from Tuscany

Post by Michal Duzynski » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:25 am

Awsome MAHI MAHI David.
It is very good table fish, and in the restaurants there was a joke when people asked what kind of fish is it.
" WHAT IS A MAHI MAHI?" she asked
"MAM THIS FISH IS SO GOOOD THAT THEY NAMED HER TWICE" waiter answer :yeahhh: :yeahhh:
Cheers
Mike
Ps
Keep pumpig those italians regarding distance on PIPAM, if they dont see they dont belive. Im just watchig for now, as there was already looong discussion, but soon ci meto due parole.
Ciao
Mike

David Gianfaldoni

Hallo from Tuscany

Post by David Gianfaldoni » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:28 am

Hi Mike,
Really awesome!!!

P.S. The biggest problem is that often that discussion on Pipam end up being out of the question... :(
Ciao
david

Return to “New to the Board, Introductions”