PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

New to the board and flyfishing

If you are new to the board please tell us about yourself...
piffilus
Answers: 0

Post by piffilus »

Hi Paul and everybody else!

My name is Joakim "Piffen" Hammenstig and live in Stockholm, Sweden. I began flyfishing in May this year if you don't count that short time when I was 14 and used a fly rod to break the soundbarrier and destroy flies. I have been reading a lot on the Sexyloops site since around april I think but didn't check out the Board until last week... But now I am here to learn a lot so I can cast better. I have just been training a bit tonight and managed to carry 20 meters and my loops are becoming a little sexier and I am quite happy with that :D

Actually I have ordered a foxy HT 6 PRO to funky up those loops a bit more :yeahhh:

See you all around!
Graeme H

Post by Graeme H »

Welcome to the board Piffen.

Cheers,
Graeme
FFi CCI
piffilus

Post by piffilus »

Thanks Graeme!
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

Welcome to the Board, Piffen :cool:
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
piffilus

Post by piffilus »

Cheers Paul!
Galah

Post by Galah »

Hello Piffilus,

I'm Australian, but also live in Stockholm (well, Värmdö actually). I fly-fish mainly around Västervik for both abborre and gädda. Unfortunately I don't have a boat in Värmdö (I use my girlfriend's parent's boat in Västervik) or even a car driver's licence for that matter, but I can still walk down to the boat ramps from my house and fly-fish for abborre (I'm going to target ide maybe this afternoon for a change). I'm also a keen fly-tyer and like inventing and testing my own patterns.

Feel free to add me on Facebook if you like (and anyone else reading this) - it's Vic Webster. I think I'm the only one in Stockholm. My profile picture is me with a horse; and if you want to meet up for a beer, some casting practice, or some fishing, just send a message.

Cheers,
Vic.
piffilus

Post by piffilus »

Hi Vic!
We seem to be in the same situation, boatless, car and drivers license-less. I mostly try to catch rainbow trout, no luck so far but have at least caught a 3 kilo, or so, pike with my HT 6.The first fish that really have been anything to count with on a fly rod.

Friend request sent on FB.
t.z.

Post by t.z. »

welcome ... :-)
piffilus

Post by piffilus »

Thanks Thomas. Looking forward to tie some flies with the Jurassic Hare and reading the book I bought from you!

Return to “New to the Board, Introductions”