PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

New Member from France traveling in SE Asia

If you are new to the board please tell us about yourself...
Christophe
Answers: 0

Post by Christophe »

Hi everyone!
This is Christophe, from France. After 7 years leaving in Brazil, my girlfriend and I decided to take a year off and visit SE Asia, NZ and Australia....I could say I am quite a lucky guy :yeahhh: !
So that's it! We have our backpack, a tight budget, a tube with 2 FF rods, a fly tying kit and we are going from one country to another.
After two months in NZ, we landed yesterday in Malaysia for 4 weeks. Next countries: Cambodia, Thailand and Myanmar.

Any info you might need, I can hep with some tips on Fly fishing in Brasil and if you happen to be in SE Asia and willing to go FF please don't hesitate to message me.

Cheers and Happy Chinese New Year!
Christophe
Cheers,
Christophe
Merlin
Answers: 0

Post by Merlin »

Hi Christophe and welcome to the board. We are a few Frenchmen here, I wonder how many.
Paul, do you have some statistics?

Merlin
Fly rods are like women, they won't play if they're maltreated
Charles Ritz, A Flyfisher's Life
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

Yes I'm chatting to Christophe. Welcome to the Board Christophe!!

Malaysia is very hard. There is some pretty accessible fishing around Ipoh that can be done by foot - no idea how you get there. It's peacock bass.

There is some fishing around KL. One of my friends has a pond that is stocked with Pacu.

There are some "native trout" that are not trout but locals fly fish for that behave like trout and are beautiful.

There is Saifish in Rompin. Teasing them up.

And then there is the jungle fishing. Can't talk about the other areas. Where I am you need a boat. The banks are inaccessible, the fish are over deep water and there is wildlife.

The plan this year is to start a small boat rental service. We do very small numbers. Charging 1000RM for teaching and 500RM for just the boat. But I'm limited to teaching max 10days/month.

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “New to the Board, Introductions”