PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

New member from Argentina

If you are new to the board please tell us about yourself...
GoldenDorado
Answers: 0

Post by GoldenDorado »

My name is Sebastian Carbo I`m 52 years old, and started fly fishing 10 years ago, with great enthusiasm and a bit of obsession. Nowadays it is still obsessing, don`t know if for good or bad (I presume for good inspite of my wife^s opinion). I live in Rosario, a mid town at the banks of the Paraná River, luckily the home of our marvelous golden dorado, my favourite for fly fishing. Actually I am the president of our local FF asociation, ARPEMO (in spanish, Asociacion Rosarina de pesca con mosca), and since five years ago, the casting instructor of the annual course that our association dictates every August/September. I started helping the previous instructor seven years ago, in those years we followed mel Krieger`s sequence of teaching (I painfully remember the first class teaching to roll cast as axing a trunk). As a good and real obsessive-compulsive, I started to search for other teaching methods until I found Sexyloops, and most important, the Sexyloops app. Since then I started to use Paul Arden`s sequence, starting to teach the loop with lee Cumming`s triangle method and ending after six weekly lessons with the double haul, also as shown inthe app, with the triangle method. Since we changed, the outcome has improved dramatically, this year we ended with 20 out of 22 students double hauling, some so and so , some quite goood, but all 20 coordinating both brain hemispheres and also both hands.Most important, half of them already fished, mostly wolffish (another wonderful fish), and one a golden dorado.
The reason I joined this board is to continue learning and improving my casting, and become a better instructor for future courses.
Cheers,
Sebastian
Graeme H
Answers: 0

Post by Graeme H »

Welcome to the board Sebastian. Good to have someone from South America around.

Cheers,
Graeme
FFi CCI

Return to “New to the Board, Introductions”