PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

New and happy to be here!

If you are new to the board please tell us about yourself...
rickoshea
Answers: 0

Re: New and happy to be here!

Post by rickoshea »

absolutely, it's desperately exciting stuff, 4/5kg? .... holy shit!!

Salmon fishing is all about the hunt and patience but as Hugh Falkus said in his book "Salmon Fishing" in relation to that instant a salmon takes ...

"nothing in the gamut of human emotion can equal the magic of that moment"

which is pretty close to the truth :)
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Re: New and happy to be here!

Post by Paul Arden »

Ah - as Steve Parton once wrote in my all time favourite fishing quote “Fly fishing is not about patience, rather it’s about organised impatience” :D :D

Don’t know; I’ve never felt the salmon draw. If or when I do it, it will mean chasing cold climates again, relearning to enjoy shitty weather and figuring a way through a lot of nothingness. It may or may not happen - not sure. I do think my next fly fishing genre will be imaginary Saltwater in the tropics. I’m saving and working for a sailing boat at the moment. I’ll have to learn to navigate of course and my wife has to learn to swim :p , but I reckon this will take another 5-7 years to realise, which is plenty of time for both!

After that I have no idea. But that’s something for Ron as they say. I do know I’d like to learn another one, whatever that may be. If I live long enough I might even be able to make it two, but well, we shall see!

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “New to the Board, Introductions”