PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

A lurker from the shadows who has finally registered for an account here

If you are new to the board please tell us about yourself...
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Re: A lurker from the shadows who has finally registered for an account here

Post by Paul Arden »

I’m going to ask you some questions about Sailfish but first I have to look for the fat lady :cool:
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Mangrove Cuckoo
Answers: 0

Post by Mangrove Cuckoo »

Hantu Tetek wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:57 am As long as your rod can throw the size of fly to present to the sailfish then you're fine.
:yeahhh:

I believe you are right sir!

I feel the same is true for tarpon but everyone is concerned about my sanity when I say it, so I just keep it to myself.
With appreciation and apologies to Ray Charles…

“If it wasn’t for AI, we wouldn’t have no I at all.”
Graeme H

Post by Graeme H »

Paul Arden wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:25 am What’s interesting about these leaders is how many needles you break in such a short time.
I think you must be doing something wrong Paul. I haven't broken a single needle in the time I've been making them.
Hantu wrote:He's the one who carries a notepad with him everywhere to jot down his brilliant ideas right?

No, actually I don't write any of my ideas down. If one is that "brilliant", I'll be mulling on it obsessively for a few days until I have it built or solved.

Besides, does anyone carry a notepad these days? Every phone has a voice memo or note app. :D

Cheers,
Graeme
FFi CCI
Hantu Tetek

Post by Hantu Tetek »

Paul Arden wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:21 am I’m going to ask you some questions about Sailfish but first I have to look for the fat lady :cool:
There is no need to ask me questions on the Sailfish. Come follow me on my trip on the 10th and 11th of August at Rompin and you can ask the Sails yourself in person.
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

Thanks Ben. I’ll have to see how things are when I’m back online on Saturday. I still haven’t caught up with last week’s emails :D Currently packing to head into Sungai Tiang in about 6 hrs and I haven’t eaten today yet :D But I’m very keen to go and the window is currently clear. :cool:

What sort of flies do I need?

Thanks, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Hantu Tetek

Post by Hantu Tetek »

Hi Paul, just get your arse over to Kuala Rompin by Monday morning. I'm not sure if the bulk of the Sailfish are in yet as there have only been a few catch reports of sailfish landed recently. But they are always around. Just need to follow the birds and hopefully we'll find them. At the very least, you would probably have a shot at casting to Spanish Mackarel, Dorado and Cobia. If all else fails, just treat it as a boating holiday and relax on board.

The fly should be at least 5 inches long and tied with flashy and reflective material. The natural bait is what's called Ikan Selah Kuning (image attached). They also chase anchovies. In my opinion, the larger the fly, the better it would be because fish tend to chase the largest target they can put in their mouth as it means that they get more energy content for the same amount they need to put in chasing their prey.
Attachments
20200805_083904.jpg
20200805_083904.jpg (72.08 KiB) Viewed 2825 times
Pak Amin's Saltwater Flashabou Billfish Fly-1.jpg

Return to “New to the Board, Introductions”