PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

The Off-Topic & Meta-discussion Thread

Moderator: Torsten

James9118
Answers: 0

Rollover

Post by James9118 »

So you're now saying your own statement:
A line powered only by its initial momentum has no tension, and thus is at the mercy of drag forces that will prevent it from propagating very far
Is incorrect. You rather rudely suggested I don't know what I'm talking about in another thread yet you come up with bollocks like this. You've been hanging with those line-lifting pixies for way too long.
Torsten

Rollover

Post by Torsten »

James:
Is incorrect. You rather rudely suggested I don't know what I'm talking about in another thread yet you come up with bollocks like this. You've been hanging with those line-lifting pixies for way too long.
Really, not this way. Please clarify your personal matters outside of this board.

@all
Next time I come across a posting of this kind, I'll shoot it down.
So be kind to each other.

I know that most topics were not moderated here; but now I'm here and I'll change the policy.

--

Vince,
Given the range of assumptions, I’d suggest that the model is indicative rather than a simulation of real world properties.
I agree and this how I'd read that paper.

Thanks,
Torsten
VGB

Rollover

Post by VGB »

gordonjudd wrote: Vince,
Thank you for making my day. I knew I could rely on your "informed" opinion to come up with a meaningless observation as to what those videos were showing.

Perhaps someone should also moderate the moderators as well?
“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” — Ernst F. Schumacher

https://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/ps/ ... f-coaching
Torsten

Rollover

Post by Torsten »

Vince: I'll do this guranteed. Does not matter which side has written that.

Again, please be kind to each other and stick to the topic.

Thanks,
Torsten
James9118

Rollover

Post by James9118 »

Torsten,

It's a valid question, Gordy thinks you can have drag on a line without tension, I'd like him to explain as it's seemingly fundamental to his argument.

And as Vince says, perhaps the moderators need to moderate themselves, there's more than a whiff of clique in here, perhaps they should go out and cast a bit more (or perhaps learn to).
Torsten

Rollover

Post by Torsten »

James,
It's a valid question, Gordy thinks you can have drag on a line without tension, I'd like him to explain as it's seemingly fundamental to his argument.
Well, you can always prove the opposite. But always on a professional level without getting personal.
And as Vince says, perhaps the moderators need to moderate themselves, there's more than a whiff of clique in here, perhaps they should go out and cast a bit more (or perhaps learn to).
I'll keep an eye on that and do my best to treat all equally. I better don't comment the last part of the above statement.

No further meta-discussions.
Geenomad

Rollover

Post by Geenomad »

James9118 wrote:
And as Vince says, perhaps the moderators need to moderate themselves, there's more than a whiff of clique in here,
I agree and have expressed similar concerns offline. Moderation as a state and a role suggests balance and leadership by example, not the proprietary rights of ownership, privilege and incontrovertible authority.

Cheers
Mark
"The line of beauty is the result of perfect economy." R. W. Emerson.
https://thecuriousflycaster.com
Torsten

Post by Torsten »

The purpose of this thread is to collect postings with too much off-topic content and also meta-discussions.
In this way we can improve the quality of the conversations by keeping them cleaned-up.

Thanks,
The Moderator Team.
VGB

Post by VGB »

Is this a good place to write arse biscuit?
“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” — Ernst F. Schumacher

https://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/ps/ ... f-coaching

Return to “Flycasting Physics”