PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Analysing loop propagation

Moderator: Torsten

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Re: Analysing loop propagation

Post by Paul Arden »

Whether you call it a loop or a wave or a pineapple it doesn’t change the way you cast :D There are just words we use to communicate between ourselves. However if you are going to take it down the physics route, then you’re going to need more substance to your arguments Michael. Physicists like equations. That’s how they prove stuff. If you can map out the physics of an untethered wave and match this to flycasting in a practical sense then I’m sure you will be able to have a much deeper conversation. However just saying that it’s a wave and not a loop doesn’t really mean anything, since these are just words.

I assume that you found that your casting was smoother when you thought the word “wave” instead of “loop”. But that’s not a physics discussion. That’s simply how you became a smoother caster. As we progress as a flycasters there are many lightbulb moments. I make some of my best casts when I harness the Earth’s energy through the soles of my feet, using the flyrod to connects the dots in a starry night. Am I really harnessing the Earth’s energy field when I do this or have I been smoking too much seal’s fur? Personally I’m not sure :p

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Lasse Karlsson
Answers: 0

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

We're all made of stardust man 😎
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
Torsten
Answers: 0

Post by Torsten »

I have the impression that this thread got extremely off-topic. Too much about waves etc. I'll create a new thread to start over.

Return to “Flycasting Physics”