PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

An interesting read

Forum for discussing fisheries conservation and other environmental issues related to fish, wildlife, watersheds, and aquatic ecosystems.

Moderators: Harps, mattklara

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

An interesting read

Post by Paul Arden »

From Reuters News:

Wildlife populations plunge almost 60 percent since 1970 - WWF

Worldwide populations of mammals, birds, fish, amphibians and reptiles have plunged by almost 60 percent since 1970 as human activities overwhelm the environment, the WWF conservation group said on Thursday.
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Boisker
Answers: 0

An interesting read

Post by Boisker »

Really depressing Paul and people just don't get it... something like 22,000 listed species facing extinction over 70,000 highly threatened.... and that's the tip of the iceberg, we're no doubt losing species that haven't even been described yet...
Paul Arden
Site Admin

An interesting read

Post by Paul Arden »

Flycasting Definitions
James9118

An interesting read

Post by James9118 »

We are in a period of mass extinction. I suspect the human species is also ultimately vulnerable, but maybe that's not a bad thing.
peterbear

An interesting read

Post by peterbear »

James ,you are probalay not old enuff to remember Charlton Heston in "solent Green".
Paul Arden
Site Admin

An interesting read

Post by Paul Arden »

Life will go on. I was born in 1970 when the World's population was 3.5 Billion. In my relatively short lifetime the population of the planet has doubled. This is really the problem I think.

Flycasting Definitions
James9118

An interesting read

Post by James9118 »

Paul Arden wrote:Life will go on. I was born in 1970 when the World's population was 3.5 Billion. In my relatively short lifetime the population of the planet has doubled. This is really the problem I think.
Life certainly will continue, I don't believe the human species will survive long term. If you look at the type of species that survive in geological time-frames a lot of them have carved out a niche that is in harmony with their environment, almost doing a waste management service. Mankind just creates waste.

Return to “Daily Planet”