PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Climate Change

Forum for discussing fisheries conservation and other environmental issues related to fish, wildlife, watersheds, and aquatic ecosystems.

Moderators: Harps, mattklara

Walter
Answers: 0

Climate Change

Post by Walter »

I think this thread is too serious. Here's something to lighten it up. I think there needs to be a registry for people who can do this. It gets interesting around 1:00. Cheers!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jutuEhkSnCU[/youtube]
"There can be only one." - The Highlander. :pirate:

PS. I have a flying tank. Your argument is irrelevant.

PSS. How to generate a climbing loop through control of the casting stroke is left as a (considerable) exercise to the reader.
peterbear

Climate Change

Post by peterbear »

View the facts,since the industrial revolution of the 50's consumption,usage,non recyclable,mass byproducts.
Mother Nature will be slow recovering from the fast comsumerizing of natural products.
No matter how much money and agreements are made its going to a lot of lifetimes to recoup.I don't have any kids(personal choice with the missus) so I pity the further generations to live on the conditions,we and last few generations put on them to go though.
I'm going for a fish while I can.might even keep a few. ;)
Boisker

Climate Change

Post by Boisker »

[quote="Walter"]I think this thread is too serious. Here's something to lighten it up. I think there needs to be a registry for people who can do this. It gets interesting around 1:00. Cheers!

i put my back out last time I tried doing that....
Walter

Climate Change

Post by Walter »

I hear Paul can do that. It's why he can spend so much time with his head up his butt. :upside:

PSS. How to generate a climbing loop through control of the casting stroke is left as a (considerable) exercise to the reader.
Walter

Climate Change

Post by Walter »

Back to more serious discussion. Instead of enacting carbon taxes to fund politicians flying their entourages to climate change conferences at plush locations I think we need more of this type of stuff:

http://www.thealternativedaily.com/adid ... ean-waste/

i.e. pick up all of the trash we've been dumping into our environment (including greenhouse gases), finding a way to do something with it and stop throwing it out when we are done with it. Does anybody have any idea how many times plastic can be recycled? Why is so much of it ending up in landfills and oceans rather than in recycling bins?

Return to “Daily Planet”