PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Smoke from Indonesia... again

Forum for discussing fisheries conservation and other environmental issues related to fish, wildlife, watersheds, and aquatic ecosystems.

Moderators: Harps, mattklara

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Smoke from Indonesia... again

Post by Paul Arden »

Hi chaps,

From Reuters: Smothered by smoke, Malaysia seeds clouds to bring rain relief https://reut.rs/2IaQvuE

I’m living in a haze. I find it unfathomable that once again Indonesia is burning bush to such an extent that the smoke is lingering all across Malaysia from KL up to where I am at the Thailand border. It’s quite disgraceful.

Furthermore I don’t know why it hasn’t caused a major international incident!

Three years ago the last time it was really bad, their foreign minister said we should be grateful for the clean air they gave us for the other 9 months of the year.

With that sort of attitude nothing will change unless there are economic sanctions. There are over one million children out of school, told to stay indoors!

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Daily Planet”