PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

[Fuck] Lock down days!

Forum for discussing fisheries conservation and other environmental issues related to fish, wildlife, watersheds, and aquatic ecosystems.

Moderators: Harps, mattklara

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Re: [Fuck] Lock down days!

Post by Paul Arden »

About half of my family in the UK have had the disease, Carol. All have recovered fine. Fortunately the older folks haven’t caught it. I guess my step-father would be the most vulnerable because he has a stem in his heart and is in his mid-late 70s. Father too I guess. He’s about 80 now. But they are both healthy.

Incidentally I mentioned previously that one of my sisters who was 8.5 months pregnant caught the Coronavirus. Good news she had her baby yesterday and everyone is well!! It was a girl of 8lbs 11oz and like all babies quite ugly. (But of course I said it was lovely!).

The more I learn about this virus, in most cases of mortality it’s a catalyst, as are many other diseases. Personally I’m of the opinion that if the disease hadn’t originated in China - who followed up with an immense lockdown - but instead had originated in the West, then we wouldn’t have had these lockdowns around the world. They only locked down the UK after they locked down Italy - which set a precedence in a democracy.

I don’t think we will eradicate this disease. It’s always difficult to get the toothpaste back in the tube. Maybe we get a vaccine in 6-18 months. 99% of us probably don’t actually need it.

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Trump really nailed it. If the idea of swallowing bleach doesn’t appeal to you then stick a UV lamp up your arse. Remember to turn it on first. “I don’t need WHO; I use common sense”.

Flycasting Definitions
Limpe Iven
Answers: 0

Post by Limpe Iven »

Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

I personally think it’s incredible that a 6yr old found the solution.

Flycasting Definitions
Graeme H

Post by Graeme H »

Oh, you're being generous Paul.

4 years old is more sensible.
FFi CCI
Carol

Post by Carol »

You can't fix stupid.
Carol
Because it's painful getting flies out of spruce trees.
Boisker

Post by Boisker »

Fantastic news on your sister and undoubtedly her beautiful baby :D ...
I’d slightly disagree with your interpretation... I reckon if it had originated in the west, we’d have taken it seriously sooner. Although it kills predominantly older/people with a prior medical condition, there have still been significant enough numbers of younger people catching it... the difference being they have a far better prognosis when hospitalised... that’s assuming there was room in the required high dependency ‘wards’... or car parks / conference centres. Beds reached 70% occupancy, and have just started falling back... without lockdowns far, far more people would have died as they wouldn’t have been capacity.
A friends elder brother is a respiratory consultant... he’s has a torrid time... his view... it’s a really serious virus that can effect any age... he had a 22 yr old young woman, they nearly discharged her on the morning (she’d been in hospital for 5 days), but decided to keep her in one more day... 8 hrs later she’d gone down hill so quickly she was on a ventilator.... thankfully she recovered and came off it 4 days later... he said... it’s not flu, nothing like it, people are ok then a few hrs later on ventilators. Through other people I know of a few more people on the front healthcare line in hospitals... they all say the same, it’s a brutal virus and we have to keep it under control.
Hopefully we have turned a corner in the U.K. and will keep it under some sort of control over the however many months required until vaccine or better medical treatment options are available.
If anything we went into lockdown a couple of weeks too late...
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

We've never locked down before. My mum was telling me how her mum went through Spanish Flu.We have the communist party to thank for setting the precedence of lockdowns :D

'I was reading that in the US prisons they did some extensive testing and found 96% of people who have it have no symptoms, extrapolated that means it's much wider spread than we currently know, but also less dangerous by a significant factor. Where it is obvious very dangerous is for those in their last years of life.

It reminds me of didymo in NZ. It first appeared in the Mararoa/Lower Waiua/Oreti. So those rivers were shut. And now it is in every river in NZ that supports it. Maybe Coronavirus will ultimately shorten all of our lives by a few years.

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

As of Monday, here in Malaysia - small businesses/shops can open, restaurants open, can play golf. Cannot Fish!!! WTF?? Anyway I’m going fishing! What a load of nonsense.

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Can’t remember if I’ve posted this :pirate:
Attachments
C5B9CB56-8842-477E-A73D-94D75B852DF9.jpeg