PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

New fly fisherman

Olwas2014
Answers: 0

New fly fisherman

Post by Olwas2014 »

I am new to this forum and new to fly fishing. I hope I like this forum as it was recommended. I am also new to fly fishing but had extreme luck so far.

Here's my report:
I was practicing for a while on the grass badly with no instruction. I let my dad teach me today and here are my results: (It is my first time properly casting. I love it

Good news I just caught my first fish on the fly today. My dad thought me a few tips and I got 4 takes and only 1 land. They are all baby's and could not hook on. They were only an inch or two. But hey no matter what size he was my first trout on the fly. The river was not even flooded so thats why they are small. I heard of good one being caught in the flood. I was using wet flies.

Best fishing method I ever tried.

Thanks,
Olwas2014
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

New fly fisherman

Post by Paul Arden »

Congratulations Olly and welcome to the Board! A flood is not necessarily good by the way, night time is best for the bigger fish. Currently this year is a little bit unusual (cold!) and many places are not fishing well yet. Next month should be fantastic!

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Olwas2014
Answers: 0

New fly fisherman

Post by Olwas2014 »

Thanks Paul it is very windy here around these months in there irish trout season of February to 12th of October.

Return to “Beginners”