PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Fantastic page from Gary - Something Old

Moderator: Paul Arden

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

http://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/ps/something-old

What a wonderful page and such a dilemma. I have a similar thing going on here, but there are no other regular fly fishers and I think it would be a good thing if we had more (for the fishery). It's a hell of a dilemma however because I know it can all go wrong :(

I messed up (and consequently learned) in New Zealand for sure. Also possibly Canada :( I hope that I'm right in trying to bring fly fishing here. We have a major problem that the fishery is not only a sport fishery but is better and there are no size limits or quotas. What makes it even more challenging is that those who net it are the original Malaysian natives and they have very little.

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

Mind you I spend more time putting people off coming than encouraging them! It's a selective clientele :cool:

My other big issue is that Giant Gourami have never truly been targeted to my knowledge. And the fun for me has not just been catching them but working out how-to. Part of me thinks I should post less on he tactics to allow others to discover this fish as I have done.

Anyway...

Cheers and thanks for a wonderful page!
Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Jonas Magnusson
Answers: 0

Post by Jonas Magnusson »

Gary

You are not alone (now there are now at least 2 in Florida)! I love reading your FPs and todays was excellent. We are all guilty of critiquing but forget to praise. Keep churning out your essays

Thx Jonas
Jonas
------------------
www.everyjonahhasawhale.com
t.z.

Post by t.z. »

Gary is a heck of a guy and writer --- I love his stuff. I do not know how this suddenly relates to Malaysia and those funky creatures you catch though.

No worries, it´s all buggered anyways ... except for Norway -- there´s mosquitoes and small trout .. plus the beer is very expensive and the women, well - ok. So f@ck off folks and leave me alone :666: :666:
al greig

Post by al greig »

Another vote for all of Gary's FP's. Love the content, and the style. I'd read that book, were it ever written!

Al.

Return to “Flyfishing”