PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

One place to fish...

Moderator: Paul Arden

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

One place to fish...

Post by Paul Arden »

Great FP from Mika :pirate:
https://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/ps/ ... ce-to-fish

I can see that I’m going to have to think about this. I suppose it would have to be tied up with the end of the world is coming and you have one week to fish anywhere... 😎
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Re: One place to fish...

Post by Paul Arden »

My problem would to go somewhere I haven’t been, or fish somewhere I know and love? I know at the moment that I’m in the fortunate position to be fishing exactly where I want to be, so I might actually stay put :D But if another planet is an option... what are the parameters of this question anyway :p

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Boisker
Answers: 0

Post by Boisker »

I’d have to toss a coin, so many choices and places I haven’t been....
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Paul Arden wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:31 am My problem would to go somewhere I haven’t been, or fish somewhere I know and love?
Exactly. I have fished a certain nearby river since I was a boy. And today me and my flyfishing-club take care of it in various ways. I have fished that river so many times, I have had so many nice experiences there, and I have spend a lot of time taking care of it and the fish that lives there. No doubt there are many, many rivers that offer better fishing than this one. But to me it is special and I very much doubt that i will develop the same kind of feelings for another river.

/Thomas
Morsie

Post by Morsie »

I always put this as two places - one you want to return to for a week, and one you haven't been to for a week.
Make your explanations as simple as possible, but no simpler. A Einstein.
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

The problem I have - and I know it’s why some people choose to do it - is that when I fish some places or even types of waters I get a flood of memories which while entertaining is quite distracting.

For example I walked off down the Rutland bank on my own a few years ago and it brought back two decades of stillwater trout fishing memories.

In fact it’s for this reason that I plan to visit a childhood water of mine - more to see what’s in the recesses of my mind than what’s in the river. :laugh:

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Flyfishing”