PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Cuba in Dec & Jan

Moderators: Sudesh Pursad, Morsie

Mac78
Answers: 0

Cuba in Dec & Jan

Post by Mac78 »

Hi guys,

I'm planning a few weeks in Cuba this coming Dec and Jan with the gf. My plan is to tour around a bit, with a mixture of diving, sightseeing and of course fishing. As it's going to a mixed holiday it rules out staying at any of the fishing lodges as I doubt they deal with the odd days guided fishing on the flats.
Has anyone any experience at this time of year? Places to stay, guides, DIY spots etc etc.........

Cheers, Mac
petevicar

Cuba in Dec & Jan

Post by petevicar »

Hi Mac
I have fished Cuba, most months of the year, however I have always stayed at a lodge. You can find a lot of info about fishing Cuba on the Fly Fishing Forum - http://www.flyfishing.co.uk/search.php?searchid=9920862

I am sure you will have a lot of fun.

Pete
IANACI
Mac78

Cuba in Dec & Jan

Post by Mac78 »

petevicar wrote:Hi Mac
I have fished Cuba, most months of the year, however I have always stayed at a lodge. You can find a lot of info about fishing Cuba on the Fly Fishing Forum - http://www.flyfishing.co.uk/search.php?searchid=9920862

I am sure you will have a lot of fun.

Pete
Hi Pete,

In your opinion where is the best of the fishing in Cuba? At that time of year I'm assuming that Tarpon are off the menu so it will be mainly Bones and the other species on the flats?
petevicar

Cuba in Dec & Jan

Post by petevicar »

Mac,
There are places where there are tarpon all year round. These resident fish are generally small (upto about 25lbs).
You really need a guide to show you were they are as they are, in my experience, in small lagoons that are quite hidden.

Where the best places are? - Difficult question to answer. I have had a lot of success fishing out of Cayo Largo but that is all Avalon.

Pete
IANACI
Mac78

Cuba in Dec & Jan

Post by Mac78 »

Hi Pete,

I've had a last minute change of plan. I'm now heading for Los Roques over the festive period. December seems to be an excellent month for everything, including the diving.

I see from other forum posts you're a bit of a LR veteran. Would you mind if I PM you a few queries?

Cheers,
Saul
petevicar

Cuba in Dec & Jan

Post by petevicar »

Sure.
IANACI

Return to “Saltwater”