PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Game Changer

Moderators: Sudesh Pursad, Morsie

Michal Duzynski
Answers: 0

Game Changer

Post by Michal Duzynski »

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Game Changer

Post by Paul Arden »

I can't watch the vids tonight mate, but I've fished from kayaks a lot, both in Montana and Canada as well as here in Malaysia for Snakehead. I've mostly used it for chasing surface rising fish, or taking shots at Snakehead (very difficult). Anyway the way I do it, is to have the stripped out line between my legs, the rod tip and flies over the back, while paddling - that way it's bloody quick to get going for shot.

The other thing I do is to tie the paddle to the boat somehow - this is particularly important when going down a river, such as the Drava in Hungary!

They drogue up well and I've used them this way too, but you need a fancy roping system so that you don't have to get out the kayak if you snag up or just want to reset!

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Michal Duzynski
Answers: 0

Game Changer

Post by Michal Duzynski »

I own a kayak 2 days and already learned a lot. :pirate:

I like the way you said rod and fly pointing back for a quick shot, have to give it a go.
I have a leash for my paddle and for casting I can slide it under a bungee cord on top of the front hatch-works well and gives me enough room.
Im texting with Greame from Perth and he is giving me a lot of fantastic tips.
First thing he noticed from the vidoe is that my haul disapierd, I did not realised that, I thought I was hauling, but after rewatching myself I understood what he ment. My left hand looks like has some nervous tick issue :whistle:

I hope this thread will go long way with a lot of fish photos included :p
cheers
mike

Return to “Saltwater”