PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Hi-viz hare

Moderator: Viking Lars

t.z.
Answers: 0

Hi-viz hare

Post by t.z. »

Boisker

Re: Hi-viz hare

Post by Boisker »

Nice colour... I could have done with those last night, fishing at dusk I completely lost my fly and was very late lifting into the best trout of the evening
t.z.

Post by t.z. »

Boisker wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:07 am Nice colour... I could have done with those last night, fishing at dusk I completely lost my fly and was very late lifting into the best trout of the evening
Exactly that’s the problem which I try to solve. I could have used some sort of synthetic fiber, but hare floats very well and it it reflects light extremely well. Try to take a macro shot of that stuff and you know what I’m talking about.

Let me know if I should tie some for you.

Cheers,
TZ
t.z.

Post by t.z. »

Boisker

Post by Boisker »

Thanks tz... apart from a couple of streamers I only really fish my own, but may come back to you if my eye sight gets any worse :whistle:
t.z.

Post by t.z. »

Boisker wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:44 am Thanks tz... apart from a couple of streamers I only really fish my own, but may come back to you if my eye sight gets any worse :whistle:
Same here ... I can't be bothered tying streamers or fish flies from others :-) The fly with only Snowshoe fibres in claret works amazingly well. I had a 5,3 pound fish on it today. The biggest so far this year. The funny thing was that I was no hatch or rising going on. I just wanted to see how the fly works, if the dye sits etc. ... 3 seconds later I saw my backing knot. :yeahhh:
Graeme H

Post by Graeme H »

That's a very similar fly to one known in Australia as the BMS ("Bullen Merri Special). One of my go-to flies for one of our estuarine species (black bream) and for carp.

Cheers,
Graeme
FFi CCI
t.z.

Post by t.z. »

Graeme H wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:20 am That's a very similar fly to one known in Australia as the BMS ("Bullen Merri Special). One of my go-to flies for one of our estuarine species (black bream) and for carp.

Cheers,
Graeme
Nice fly ... doesn't float well though ;-) Just kidding. Yeah, the concept is very old maybe. Even so the dubbing loop thing seems not so very old actually the French seemed to have done this for a long time using. These flies however aren't too appealing for shops. I guess this is why they never really caught on somehow. Very "difficult" to tie them 100% identical. That's what shops want. :O
Graeme H

Post by Graeme H »

I have no idea what the bream think they are eating when they hit that fly. There’s nothing that looks like that in the estuary, but I guess it looks enough like something that should be alive that they will hit it anyway. Just to make sure. 😄
FFi CCI
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

This is Muz. I’d like to get a collection of Muz’s work up on SL. Who is the right person to connect with?

Thanks,
Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Flytying”