PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Aperture vs Photoshop

Moderator: JanMan

tomo
Answers: 0

Aperture vs Photoshop

Post by tomo »

If your budget extends to lightroom I would be going for that, particularly as mentioned if shooting raw. It seams to be at the front of the industry for photographers.

Cheers Tom
squish

Aperture vs Photoshop

Post by squish »

Thanks for the advice all.

I've bitten the bullet and subscribed for 12 months to the "photography" bundle of Photoshop and Lightroom. We will see how it goes :)
David Anderson

Aperture vs Photoshop

Post by David Anderson »

squish wrote:Thanks for the advice all.

I've bitten the bullet and subscribed for 12 months to the "photography" bundle of Photoshop and Lightroom. We will see how it goes :)
That's the best bet.
I've been on the subscription for a while and it's great value and easy to update unlike the old disc system.
I hear people whinge about the cost, but IMHO it's the same or less than getting the disc upgrades.

IMHO Photoshop is all you need for digital photography.
Bridge, the raw image editor is simple and very effective, though not as pretty as Lightroom.
Lightroom is ok for processing, but you have to import and catalogue images their way and that's never worked for me.
http://www.twigwater.com My fly fishing blog.
Janesch

Aperture vs Photoshop

Post by Janesch »

Took me a while to try something called "Lightroom". But when i finally did there is nothing else i need apart from it. Really like catalogue part of it. In develop module you can speed up process easily if you know how :D
"Plenty of time to sleep when you`r dead" Trout bum narrator...

"Your grandmas honey palinka taste like somebody poured gasoline on my pancakes." Rich Knoles
squish

Aperture vs Photoshop

Post by squish »

I'll download Bridge and have a play at some point, but I'm quite liking Lightroom so far....
Pyko

Aperture vs Photoshop

Post by Pyko »

[quote="petevicar"]I use Aperture and Photoshop CS6. However nearly all my serious photographer friends use Lightroom.
If you are shooting in RAW it is probably the best option.

^ Ditto…
You can observe a lot by just watching.
Yogi Berra

SGAIC
umm, Steve

Aperture vs Photoshop

Post by umm, Steve »

If you can hold off on your decision for another month, Apple quite likely will have a pleasant surprise for you regarding native photo editing. If beta features don't make the cut in Yosemite, my "prediction" will prove wrong, but then you would have only lost 30 days or so.
umm, Steve

Aperture vs Photoshop

Post by umm, Steve »

Paul Arden wrote: it annoys me that it doesn't adapt to (or learn) routine.

Cheers, Paul
Automator is a truly mind-blowing app…

Return to “Photography”