PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Photos 2015

Moderator: JanMan

Michal Duzynski
Answers: 0

Photos 2015

Post by Michal Duzynski »

Hi guys
Today another productive morning with two fish and one lost(striked to late).
Dbl satisfaction as I cought them on the vampires I tied few days before.

Still need to get them on the surface-must be fun.

Interesting about ths fish is that I cought them in open water far from the bank, instead in between lily pads and snags where normaly you would chase bass I think.
any comments on this one?
Attachments
IMG_201510171593.jpg
IMG_201510171593.jpg (87.2 KiB) Viewed 6747 times
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Photos 2015

Post by Paul Arden »

Nice fish! With the surface flies I was advised - and it worked! - to cast, let the rings disappear, bloop, let the rings disappear, bloop, let the rings disappear etc. My best Australian Bass was 48cm and it took on the fourth bloop after the rings had disappeared!

I suspect water temp may play a very important part for when they are active on the surface. I would recommend recording the water temp every trip and keeping a diary.

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
John Finn

Photos 2015

Post by John Finn »

There should be a law against this kind of thing. :D
Attachments
P5160064.JPG
queenfish

Photos 2015

Post by queenfish »

Mike you doing OK with this fish, from now on it will be better when the water warms up.
Nothing beats popping for them.
When you popping cast to the snags do what Paul said, once you past the snags vary your popping, like 4 or 5 fast short bloops then count to 10, repeat , or keep slow blooping all the way to the boat or shore, this fish will follow and take the popper next to the boat.

good luck.

Cheers Vince.
Michal Duzynski

Photos 2015

Post by Michal Duzynski »

Cheers guys
Looks like the bass fishing will be mine every saturday routine.. now the days starts earlier and 4.45am is already late. next saturday im there at 4.15. at this tike there is a lot of activity on the surface. sun comes up at 6.15 and then silence...
Till next Sturday...
p.s
I will start new thread/section on the board- Saturday bass report.
p.s
Is there any thermometer I cast in to the lake to check the temp, because if i deep it close to the bank it might not cout.
cheers
mike
Jason Stratford

Photos 2015 - Sailfish

Post by Jason Stratford »

A couple more sailfish on fly images from Kuala Rompin...
Jump 4.jpg
5 Dehook 2.jpg
A perfectly laid down 60 foot cast will catch more fish than casting to the backing knot on your 120' fly line...particularly when most times you'll just throw an 80 foot 'wiggle cast'.

Return to “Photography”