PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Photos 2016

Moderator: JanMan

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Photos 2016

Post by Paul Arden »

Ah yes, I had missed the midge. It all connects perfectly now :cool:
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
James9118
Answers: 0

Photos 2016

Post by James9118 »

One Tracy caught on my HT
CIMG1474.JPG
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Photos 2016

Post by Paul Arden »

You should buy her one of her own, James, instead of making her borrow yours all the time :)
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Michal Duzynski

Photos 2016

Post by Michal Duzynski »

Hello SEXY fly carp fishersh. Today finaly and officialy Im joinig the club of Sexyloopers who catch the Carp on the fly.
2 fotos from my day out with Stu today. This fish is special to me from 2 reasons: 1-Stu said that Australian winter carp is almost imposible to catch as they dont feed much and they kind of fucking slow.
2- It was my last cast before I put my rod a part as there was nothing happening, but then I noticed tip of my floating line strangly going under water, I lift the rod gently and felt the moving weight on the other side- IT WAS AWSOME
So there you go- I catch a carp on the fly too( hopefully more then one on a next trip)
Greetings from Brisbane
mike
Attachments
IMG_2016081629524.jpg
IMG_2016081656266.jpg
Stu Jamieson

Photos 2016

Post by Stu Jamieson »

Good work, Mike. It was a beautiful day in a beautiful spot and thankfully at least one fish played ball. :)
Michal Duzynski

Photos 2016

Hi
 I am a very happy fly fisherman today, It was around Tweed Heads NSW and Cudgen Creek was the name of this great place.
I got there at 7am and the high tide just start running out( low tide schedulle at midday).
Without rushing, first I checked the black fish. There were a few schools of 5-6 fish and the water was very clear. I passed my weed flies in front of the fish couple times but nothing. Then I went to see the hole next to the bridge, but the entire area was under some constructions and not much fishing there.
 I swap to my 8wt set up with inter line and the yabby fly I tied earlier. I was after flathead, but had a hope that some bream will eat this yabby as I saw plenty of bream in good size too.
 Wadding the shore line and casting far in the middle of the creek, and let the fly swing with current, there was no action what so ever, BUT I came accros big flathead lies, big shapes in the sand( where is this fish moving???), anyway big NOTHING.
I stop for lunch and thought I will give another go, this time right at the mouth of the creek. It was 11.30 and the water was very low and current very fast. My thoughts were that, there must be some predators waiting in deeper holes for some food to be washed off with outgoing fast runout. Water became very brown and merky form the creek mud comming with the tide. And this time I decided on a classic old
CHATRUSE&WHITE CLOUSER,
 I was high on the rocks which gave me the altitude for a loooong cast- under other bank and then fast water was swinging my fly accros the chanel. I saw some fish in this fast watet, thought it might be Tailor, but ther were Mullets. Moved right to the end of the rocky point and did the same, but down under my feet there was a BIG hole with big steep drop off, and on the end of the fly drift I made couple fast strips to see if something comes up from depth and grab it- negative.
 Next cast, my fly is swinging right on the drop off and I felt a little tag, i thought rock or something as I lost my hope already( but there was no rocks in the past 50 casts) I tighten my line and saw BIG shape in brown water( could not be my fish- im not so lucky), line is geting tighter as the current is pulling it and I did an energetic strip. The rod tip went down like hell and I almost shit my pants from exitment. I saw this big sand flatie coming to the the surface and fighting along the rokcs. Few seconds before I hooked up there was a family starting to put prawns on their hooks, but after the father pointed at me with my bended, shaking rod, all I heard was the kids saying loudly 
WOW WOW,.
  What makes this catch special to me is how I fought it. I had to hop from one rock to the other ( and I said to my self- becarefull, no fish is worth it to fall of the rocks), and I was carefull. I had to extend my arm and high stick this fish as it was flapping next to the rocks and I saw my leader just sliding up and down on the rocks covered with oyster shells. I thought that even if I loose it, I saw it I felt it and that what matters, anyway slowly, slowly with full tension on I drove the fish to the other side of the rock wall ( the beach side). Hop Hop and its DONE.
 Guys- all of this because this is my BIGGEST FLATHEAD ever (60cm- nice and fat) and what a place to catch it....
 Lucky me this family was ther, so I can have some cool photos as memories.
 Till the next time.
Cheers
Mike
Attachments
20160830_105141-1024x1365.jpg
20160830_105132-1024x1365.jpg
20160830_105125-1024x1365.jpg
John Finn

Photos 2016

Post by John Finn »

Nice Michael , enjoyed the story behind the photos .................John
mitch aka 2 fish

Photos 2016

Post by mitch aka 2 fish »

DSC_7791.jpg
swinging salmon flies to rainbows on the tongariro, nz.

as one does.
queenfish

Photos 2016

Post by queenfish »

Nice story mike, with beautiful day as well.
Michal Duzynski

Photos 2016

Cheers Vince
I really loved this moment and the place I cought it. It looked a bit dramatic at some stage, and I have to share it.
I hope I will have many more stories to write- maybe few from your boat :pirate:

Return to “Photography”