PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Future of SL HT rods

Moderators: Viking Lars, Magnus

VGB
Answers: 0

Future of SL HT rods

Post by VGB »

You need to try it on my stream before you fix the design, it needs to roll cast like a bamboo rod. Thanks for the invite, it might just happen but I need to do the Canada trip first and a return to the Maldives is on the cards.

regards

Vince
“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” — Ernst F. Schumacher

https://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/ps/ ... f-coaching
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Future of SL HT rods

Post by Paul Arden »

If it needs to roll cast like a bamboo rod then I think the best option might be a bamboo rod! When I've finished this rod I'll send you one over to test. I only have one variation left to try and that's a slightly faster butt section. I think it might make it a little more Zorro-ish but it could also completely ruin it :p

It's a short hop from the Maldives to Malaysia :cool: but the seasons are different.

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
VGB

Future of SL HT rods

Post by VGB »

I was pulling your plonker about bamboo :D I'm working on a cunning plan on the visit, it's got a sort of approval in principle but I need to work on the details later in the year.

Regards

Vince
“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” — Ernst F. Schumacher

Paul Arden
Site Admin

Future of SL HT rods

Post by Paul Arden »

When I have houseboat your boss can come over too. There is bird and jungle watching, sunbathing, hiding from the sun, swimming, kayaking, trail walking (running if you're being chased by elephants) and lots of other cool things to do.

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
VGB

Future of SL HT rods

Post by VGB »

She likes a lot of those things but also infinity pools and top class food and wine :D

Paul Arden
Site Admin

Future of SL HT rods

Post by Paul Arden »

Perfect! :cool:

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Tackle”