PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Fishfinders/sounders

Moderators: Viking Lars, Magnus

Lou Bruno
Answers: 0

Fishfinders/sounders

Post by Lou Bruno »

Paul
Here in Florida, I use the sounder to locate pot holes. Depressions, chanels. Also, most of our water the birfs walk in it, we use our sounder to stay in navigable water.
We have three types of boaters.
1. Those that run aground.
2. Those that will run aground.
3. Those that lie about it.

Lou
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Fishfinders/sounders

Post by Paul Arden »

Hi Lou,

I've found them useful for navigating the lake on a moonless night too! It is fascinating to see what's under the boat but it hasn't really accounted for any more fish yet. What it has done is confirmed that Giant Snakehead on the lake live in 30ft depth. That the thermocline is at this point too. That the surface temp is between 28 and 33C. It's given me a pretty clear understanding of the lake but rarely do I pick up fish. Once I watched a Snakehead climb from the very bottom to the surface. I mad the shot and he followed but didn't take.

I need to find a more secure method of attaching the transducer because poking out the back makes it vulnerable. I also need a better map of the lake!

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Tackle”