PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Hammocks

Moderators: Viking Lars, Magnus

t.z.
Answers: 0

Hammocks

Post by t.z. »

Rolv Seehuus wrote:Hi Lars, I’m going through a similar journey with my ultralight two-very-close-persons-sized tent (referencing your frontpage blogpost.) I have more or less concluded that what I want is the Amok Draumur - which I’m sure you have read about already :) My decision is based on similar concerns as those you rise, plus positive remarks from friends who own one. Without to much comparing and measuring it seems that the Amok solution is comparatively priced, a bit on the heavier side but from what I recon seems to be a better lay than FlatLay. Should be worth considering as one of several alternatives at least.

Some marketing: https://youtu.be/S5YMwVSUEa4
Hei Rolv,

I lived in a Draumr3 for 2 seasons now. It is pretty flat to sleep in and I really like the chair function. A design flaw is that one can end up lying head down during the night ending up with quite a headache, similar to a badly chosen tent spot. I always use a pillow under my head and adjust the straps so my body does not topple towards the had therefore.

The other design issue is the limited body length. Taller people can have an issue. They have a new model which is longer, but then the length of the inflatable mat becomes an issue. The FJOL is too cold for air temperatures under 10. I use an Exped Downmat. I also have a fjol but only use it when it is a over 15 at night.

If you want to buy a Draumr you can use AMOKZULLICH so they give you a 10% discount.

Another issue is setup time. Konstanse is long fishing while I still fiddle with the Draumr. She uses the Lawson and has it set up before I am done inflating the sleeping pad.

Med vennlig hilsen,
Thomas Züllich

Return to “Tackle”