PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Braid for Snakehead.

Moderators: Viking Lars, Magnus

Graeme H
Answers: 0

Braid for Snakehead.

Post by Graeme H »

So can we add "watching grass dry before smoking it" to the experimental observations? :pirate:
FFi CCI
piffilus

Braid for Snakehead.

Post by piffilus »

That's right. Just be patient!
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Braid for Snakehead.

Post by Paul Arden »

Just to add, the last Hird Leader I made seems perfect for Gourami on the 6WT. I think I went 80, 60, 40 with the 40 being the shortest length. I’ll measure it up properly when I’m back because I’m very happy with the turnover (it turns over a long tippet). I think it will be worth keeping a record of these leaders.

I’ve also got a short sinking line braid but I don’t have any results with that one yet.

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Graeme H

Braid for Snakehead.

Post by Graeme H »

Cool.

I read a post you had on FB last night about finding black waxed braid as tippet. It occurred to me that you could run a black marker over pre-looped braid tippets and dip them in the elixir. Squeeze out the excess, hang them to dry for a few weeks and you'll have "waxed tippets" ready to go. Worth a shot.

Cheers,
Graeme
FFi CCI
Graeme H

Braid for Snakehead.

Post by Graeme H »

Paul Arden wrote:Just to add, the last Hird Leader I made seems perfect for Gourami on the 6WT. I think I went 80, 60, 40 with the 40 being the shortest length.
I believe we could make a similar leader even more quickly by going 80-60-(single layer 60) with a short loop on the end. I haven't tried it, but it should work.

I’ll measure it up properly when I’m back because I’m very happy with the turnover (it turns over a long tippet). I think it will be worth keeping a record of these leaders.
Agreed. They last such a long time that I forget what has worked for me in the past when I need to make a new one. Having record to refer to makes sense.

Cheers,
Graeme
FFi CCI
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Braid for Snakehead.

Post by Paul Arden »

That’s interesting. I thought about that a couple of days ago too, Graeme. I’m not sure how it would knot to fly or still slow the fly to float afterwards but it’s certainly something I shall try.

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Braid for Snakehead.

Post by Paul Arden »

Two more on the hanger.
Attachments
1DB7992D-B293-48F1-8292-854254283BE6.jpeg