PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Flyline to Polyleader Connection

Moderators: Viking Lars, Magnus

Marc Fauvet
Answers: 0

Post by Marc Fauvet »

Ben_d wrote: I've never been convinced that it is solely superglue that is responsible for coating cracking above a braided loop sleeve. I think it is more to do with most of the sleeves being significantly stiffer than the line which causes a sort of hinge effect.
good point Ben, but then any stiff glue will have the exact same effect on say, a nail knot so it's not just about braids and their sleeves. i have a series of close-up macro photos of coating cracks due to superglue on several types of connections and different lines. i'll try to find them.
this stiff glue shit's the devil's work ! :pirate: :D
cheers,
marc
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

I strip to the core, and double back to form the loop with core to core, not main line as Ben is doing. Superglue is not a problem here. Not that I use this very much and currently only run with one line arranged this way.

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Lasse Karlsson
Answers: 0

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

For lines I need to use polyleaders on, I double back and shrinktube melt it. Thicker ones are done with a doubled piece of runningline. For the loop at the back of shootingheads, I strip the core, thread it back inside itself and the flyline, out through the coating and shrinktube melt it over. No need for any crap glues :cool:

Oh, and in the field, I just do a perfection knot on the flyline and pull it really thight, if I have my kit, I'll even shrinktube melt it. works good :pirate:

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)

Return to “Tackle”