PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Theology

Moderator: Haggisboy

Davyfly
Answers: 0

Theology

Post by Davyfly »

Thats a funny story Mike.

Does God forgive you , well no, the judge sends you to jail or in the case of a death sentence, why should the judge need to say, may God have mercy on your soul, either way you are fucked.

That said, here in America we have so many different religious orders all of which reckon the are right and the others are wrong. Was not Jesus a Jew ??
Also amazes me that many of those who spout the wisdom of religion are very wealthy while the majority of the congregation can just about scrape up enough cash to survive on a weekly basis, something is wrong if you ask me.

DW
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Theology

Post by Paul Arden »

Maybe he was just enlightened after shagging three women, Mike. I can't explain that.

I once lost a three inch bunny streamer in a medium size river while fishing for bull trout. After fishing another river, three days later we returned to fish this river, where I caught and landed my lost fly. Does this make it a magic fly? Had the bunny been drinking holy water? Or did I just happen to hook and land my lost fly?

I think it's fear of death that brings people to religion. Offer them eternal life and you've got them hooked. But doing what exactly? It's like stories you tell children. Be good and get the ice cream and go to Heaven. They should get over it and learn to appreciate the one life they have - and everyone else's one shot at it too.

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Graeme H
Answers: 0

Theology

Post by Graeme H »

Paul Arden wrote:They should get over it and learn to appreciate the one life they have - and everyone else's one shot at it too.

Cheers, Paul
Amen to that, Brother ...

:pirate:
FFi CCI

Return to “Manshit”