PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Cricket

Moderator: Haggisboy

Twisties
Answers: 0

Cricket

Post by Twisties »

Matt I saw in your front page today that you are having trouble understanding cricket! I once came accross a description of the game which I think will help you out:

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that has been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.
When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay all out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out.
When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

Hope this helps,
Tristan.
Lasse Karlsson

Cricket

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

:D :D :D
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Cricket

Post by Paul Arden »

Maybe it's just me, but I've always found watching cricket to be as exciting as watching paint dry. Playing is not much better. Now rugby, that's much more interesting!

Cheers Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Graeme H

Cricket

Post by Graeme H »

Isn't rugby best described as one man pushing two men's heads up three men's arses?

:D
FFi CCI
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Cricket

Post by Paul Arden »

Hey that was my position! :p
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
mattklara