PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Fishing by motorcycle

Moderator: Haggisboy

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Fishing by motorcycle

Post by Paul Arden »

Travelling Flytying kits would be an interesting set of FPs!
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Neil Owens
Answers: 0

Fishing by motorcycle

Post by Neil Owens »

I went to a really good talk a number of years ago at the UK Horizons Unlimited meet. It was titled 'Want vs Need'. The essence of the talk was you might want something but do you really need it? Do you need a cooker if you can eat cold food and drink water? Do you need a heavy/bulky tent when you can sleep under a lightweight/low volume tarpaulin? etc, etc.
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Fishing by motorcycle

Post by Paul Arden »

What was the conclusion? :)

Flycasting Definitions
Graeme H

Fishing by motorcycle

Post by Graeme H »

I think it left him wanting ....

;)
FFi CCI
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Fishing by motorcycle

Post by Paul Arden »

I like a bit of luxury! Particularly when it comes to food. Just because we're sleeping in the dirt doesn't mean we can't eat like kings :cool:

Flycasting Definitions
VGB

Fishing by motorcycle

Post by VGB »

I was taught that anyone can be cold, wet and miserable but small things can make a huge difference. Having your own curry spice mix was a common luxury but the first bucket of tea was always my favourite.
“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” — Ernst F. Schumacher

https://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/ps/ ... f-coaching
Neil Owens

Fishing by motorcycle

Post by Neil Owens »

Exactly. Some may need that clean pair of underpants everyday where I'm quite happy turning them back to front and even inside out thus saving space(and possibly creating some extra around me). But I need a hot breakfast and a big mug of tea to start the day.

And I like my food too - but simple fresh food simply cooked can be better than any 5 michelin star experience. How good is a freshly caught fish grilled over an open fire, served with some wild salad leaves and a handful of hedgerow fruit in a stunning countryside location?
t.z.

Fishing by motorcycle

Post by t.z. »

Paul Arden wrote:I like a bit of luxury! Particularly when it comes to food. Just because we're sleeping in the dirt doesn't mean we can't eat like kings :cool:
To that I have devoted about 30l of packing volume on the left side of the bike ;-) --- you have tasted my coffee, have you :cool: ?
t.z.

Fishing by motorcycle

Post by t.z. »

Neil Owens wrote:Exactly. Some may need that clean pair of underpants everyday where I'm quite happy turning them back to front and even inside out thus saving space(and possibly creating some extra around me). But I need a hot breakfast and a big mug of tea to start the day.

And I like my food too - but simple fresh food simply cooked can be better than any 5 michelin star experience. How good is a freshly caught fish grilled over an open fire, served with some wild salad leaves and a handful of hedgerow fruit in a stunning countryside location?
next friday´s fp by the way ... :-)
t.z.

Fishing by motorcycle

Post by t.z. »

Return to “Manshit”