PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

spooked? .... come on - admit it - tell us your story

Moderator: Haggisboy

t.z.
Answers: 0

Post by t.z. »

here´s my latest incident were I got spooked ... http://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/ps/troll
Flyfishfairwx

Post by Flyfishfairwx »

Just this last week My son and I did a H-2-FF, Hike to Fly Fish. Up to a spot we have visited on numerous occasions.

Fly fishing for Golden Trout , about an hour into the fly fishing part after camp set up, my son hollers across the lake " Dad there's a WOLVERINE behind you .. I spun around and saw nothing my son told me it moved along the cliff that was only 20 feet behind me and 10 ft above .. the Poltergeist Of the North popped it's head out again, and then took off to the other side of the lake..

Well it kept popping in and out of view all day but only to my son.. Hmm night time came and there was a fire ban, so no fire cold camp and us in hammocks, (Human Soft Taco's) so a restless night passed.. fly fishing the lake again and around 1130am Trevor says to me "Dad the wolverine is in camp" well holy crap yep there it is large as life looking straight at us , from atop a log WOW the rarest and Meanest animal in the North American woods in our camp, I was imagining the destruction! we gave it time to leave and checked the camp ... clean and only one paw print..

Awesome !! and yes SPOOKY...

NOTE: I was going to send this in as a full FP but was not sure how or if there were any guest spots..
Everybody has to believe in something and I believe in Fly fishing and Fly tying and believe I will.
As in the army I have never had a bad day fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one.
t.z.

Post by t.z. »

Nice one :-)

If you have any pics send them to me at mail@tzflyfishing.no and I´ll make an FP of it. :cool:
Viking Lars

Post by Viking Lars »

Spooked - hmm, not as far as I can remember but I must have been on a few occassions. But - I have been startled on several occassions. I few years ago I was night fishing the coast on a good spot. I had fished the twilight and was on the Beach resting the spot for an hour to allow full darkness to settle.
I hear a few sea trout splashing over the reef and slowly and quietly make my way out. They're furhter out than Icanreach, but the tide was still low, and I know a rock that I can *just* reach and climb onto. I get on the rock and stand there quietly listening for the sea trout. I don't know for how long, but unseen to me, a porpoise had entered the shallows and suddenly rose and exhaled maybe 1,5m from me and the rock. Holy Crap - for a few seconds I went into full Viking-Ninja-Mode, heart racing, pulse 200+ and then had a good laugh :-).

Lars
Galah

Post by Galah »

For me, probably surfing back home in Australia. Being out there with my legs dangling in the dark grey winter waters and having a huge, dark dorsal fin pop up about fifteen meters away. Your heart-rate hits the roof, even though it only takes a few seconds to realize that it's only a dolphin.
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

Of course there is always a guest slot for you Ray and everyone else for that matter!

Yes I get spooked a few times. Generally that sees me upping sticks and camping somewhere else. My recent one was dreaming that I had seen someone who was still alive after being skinned alive. I didn't know that was even possible.

I have met a ghost once which was interesting. Expecially because I don't actually believe in them - despite searching for Hantu Tetek for the last 5 years :p

I remember getting spooked in a NZ valley - I think it was the deathly silence, no bird song or animal life. The place had been 1080'd. Once however I got spooked while camping on some high NZ lakes. I just follow my inspects and get the hell out! Especially here where it might mean a tiger :D

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Manshit”