PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

WILTSHIRE/MALSBURY AERA

Moderator: Haggisboy

Michal Duzynski

WILTSHIRE/MALSBURY AERA

Post by Michal Duzynski » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:58 pm

Hi Guys (UK residents)
I need to ask you one question-not fishing related
I have a job offer in Malmesbury, from what I see on web its a beautifull and lovely place.
Its a permanent job, and it would involved moving my family there as well.
The problem is, that we are afraid of this floods,I dont want to invest money (car, flat) and then get fucked with flood.
Is it realy dangerous, doest it realy rain heavy in autum?
If we get there, I was thinking of staing in Bath (45min drive from work place)

In general is it nice place to live with family.

cheers
mike

Paul Arden
Site Admin

WILTSHIRE/MALSBURY AERA

Post by Paul Arden » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:30 pm

Excellent fishing within 30ish minutes of Bath and I have a few mates there. I can put you in touch if you go!

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions

Michal Duzynski

WILTSHIRE/MALSBURY AERA

Post by Michal Duzynski » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:59 pm

Thanks Paul
Fishing was the first thing I checked Cotswold lakes (looks awsome) :D .There is also few AAPGAI members.
If I go I will defenetly ask you for contacts.
Ufortuneatly this is not the languagw that will convice my wife, and make her feel save to go.
I need some info on the weather through the year,floods risk, and generaly living. quality of the schools, etc, etc.
Cincercester looks cool.
Good park for casting :p
p.s
if i go would i be in the range of BFCC,and mayby some Sexyloops gathering?
but first family :pirate:
mike

Paul Arden
Site Admin

WILTSHIRE/MALSBURY AERA

Post by Paul Arden » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:40 pm

Bath is a beautiful city and I considered living there myself at one point. Chew Valley and the Barrows I've fished. Blagdon I haven't. Chew is or was exceptional, one of the best stillwaters in the country, and the people are very friendly. If you can, try to live near there and buy a season ticket!

Great fishing as you move West too. I had a fantastic few trips to that part of the world and you can find wild trout fishing at an affordable price. Possibly the nicest place in England to live. Of course it rains, the summers suck and taxes are high, but nowhere is perfect :cool:

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions

Michal Duzynski

WILTSHIRE/MALSBURY AERA

Post by Michal Duzynski » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:56 pm

Thanks Paul
We'll see what we are going to do.
I need to live Italy, Im fucking freaking out here. Australia was the best.

mike

Stoatstail50

WILTSHIRE/MALSBURY AERA

Post by Stoatstail50 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:42 pm

Very nice place to live Michael...the weather was extreme last year but, if you're worried, there's hills in the Cotswolds, you could live up one of them... :)

You can find out about Schools at http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/inspection-rep ... ion-report.
Casting Definitions

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

Michal Duzynski

WILTSHIRE/MALSBURY AERA

Post by Michal Duzynski » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:21 pm

Cheers
Much appreciated.
Im asking now as I had phone interview with Whatley Manor Hotel. They were very happy,now they want me to come over for face to face interview and one day trial shift.
Going there is some investment for me as well, and if things go well I need to give him an answer if I lm in.
While I asked you ,I asked the guy what salary we are talking about?
From your expierience,what salary (net ,clear ,on hand) would be good. I want to have some money after I pay the rent,bills, petrol.
p.s
Is the medical/hospitals same allover UK, or some regioms are better and some worst.

mike

Stoatstail50

WILTSHIRE/MALSBURY AERA

Post by Stoatstail50 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:39 pm

Not sure anyone could advise you on a salary Michael...sorry.

My experience of the NHS has been almost all good. I once had twenty medical students palpate my left bollock, which wasn't very pleasant and they were quite rude when I broke my foot in a few places, went to the pub before the plaster set and had to have it re-done, apart from that, the entire family has had excellent service.
Casting Definitions

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

Michal Duzynski

WILTSHIRE/MALSBURY AERA

Post by Michal Duzynski » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:27 am

Thanks
Unfortuneatly they offered me 1450 pounds per month on hand.Now I know that if the job offer is ratet as 25K per anum 5 grand is a tax.
I checked rent rates , and dicent place starts from 700 pcm unfurbish. Even if my wife works, then all other expenses, petrol, (cost of living Ive heard ist high), to litle money, to much hastle.

My wife likes the Southhampton aera, and Edinbruh. Two diferent places with a lot of job offers.Im starting digging in.
I dont worry about casting and fishing, what ever I read its always good in UK.

Cheers
mike

Dazza

WILTSHIRE/MALSBURY AERA

Post by Dazza » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:57 am

Good day Michael.
For flood risk (and more) start here :http://maps.environment-agency.gov.uk/w ... xtonly=off

Return to “Manshit”