PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Truck

Moderator: Haggisboy

Graeme H
Answers: 0

Re: Truck

Post by Graeme H »

A quick search on the Google machine seems to support the theory (and my observations) that white cars have lower cabin temperatures in hot climates. What I didn't expect was that this also translates into better fuel efficiency if an AC is used.

https://auto.howstuffworks.com/under-th ... summer.htm

And the source of the data cited in the article: https://phys.org/news/2011-10-silver-wh ... ooler.html

Cheers,
Graeme
FFi CCI
Mangrove Cuckoo

Post by Mangrove Cuckoo »

Most modern vehicles have interior thermometers so the AC can be digitally adjusted to a set point. Many have a visible read out.. There is no comparison between a dark colored car vs a light one parked in the South Florida sun. If you doubt what you feel the temperature number is usually right there on the rear view mirror.

Interiors also affect interior temps. Foldable reflective windshield screens are commonly used when vehicles will be parked for a period.

Most folks who live here year round or for a long time choose light colors. In fact, tourists are noticable due to the influx of "dark cars".

My light colored fishing van will always be parked in the shade, facing away from the sun, no matter how much further I may have to walk.
With appreciation and apologies to Ray Charles…

“If it wasn’t for AI, we wouldn’t have no I at all.”
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

I’m convinced! I’ve ordered a white D-Max :p It will be interesting because virtually all the 4x4s in Malaysia are black, so it will make mine easier to find!

Can’t wait to a) have a car that starts and gets there and b) take it off-road in the jungle :D

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Lasse Karlsson

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Paul Arden wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:40 pm

Can’t wait to a) have a car that starts and gets there and b) take it off-road in the jungle :D

Cheers, Paul
Who's up for a bet about how long a) will last after b)?

:D

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

I think someone went a bit crazy with the window tinting :D It’s like wearing sunglasses at night! Changed the shitty road tyres it came with. Will head up to Thailand in November to buy a bull bar and a green curry. And will fit Squeaker’s winch.

14km per litre of diesel. Not bad actually.

Thanks for all the advice!

Cheers, Paul
Attachments
028F9FAB-27EE-4A3A-A597-2C13012FF35A.jpeg

Flycasting Definitions
Graeme H

Post by Graeme H »

Noice!

:)
FFi CCI
James9118

Post by James9118 »

Lasse Karlsson wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:46 pm I doubt it was testes in tropic temperatures :D
It's very important to keep your testes cool, especially in the tropics :blush: :D
(Sorry, couldn't resist that one).
Lasse Karlsson

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

James9118 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:53 pm
Lasse Karlsson wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:46 pm I doubt it was testes in tropic temperatures :D
It's very important to keep your testes cool, especially in the tropics :blush: :D
(Sorry, couldn't resist that one).
Took you long enough dude 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
Michal Duzynski

Post by Michal Duzynski »

Very cool Paul.
First new home and I think a car would be a next step.
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

I was looking at the numbers Mike. Two month’s ago I paid my taxi driver 3,200RM for airport pickups and drop offs. He’s reliable and kind but there was always a family member in his car, which some guests found a bit uncomfortable. The repayments on this vehicle are 900RM/month and Squeaker was costing me 400RM/month in oil alone FFS and about 1000RM in repairs every quarter. So it was a no-brainier really. Also Squeaker was becoming a liability. If it broke down on a petrol run it could have potentially left my guests at the resort with me stranded on the road somewhere! That would have been a nightmare for my business and not at all improbable.

So in effect I’ll make the airport pickups and pay the truck off with the charges. I was originally looking at 2nd hand vehicle with around 50-60K on the clock for around half the price. But then there is no engine warranty (150,000Km or 5 years for the D-Max) and who knows what problems you can inherit.

I didn’t think I would ever buy a new car in my life! But actually it ended up making more sense.

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Manshit”