PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

American Flyfishers

Moderator: Paul Arden

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

American Flyfishers

Post by Paul Arden »

I'm still alive Mike :cool:
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
alex vulev
Answers: 0

American Flyfishers

Post by alex vulev »

yep, but the rumors may push the market up :???:
Wise indeed was George Selwyn Marryat when he said: "its not the fly; its the driver"

page 193,
GEM Skues,The Way Of A Trout With A Fly
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

American Flyfishers

Post by Paul Arden »

Paul last seen fishing a jungle in North Malaysia. Closely stalked by a man wearing a mask?
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
alex vulev

American Flyfishers

Post by alex vulev »

Paul Arden wrote:Press release: "Paul last seen fishing a jungle in North Malaysia. Closely stalked by a man wearing a mask. The rod tube of his Hot Torpedo fly rod is found empty".
Wise indeed was George Selwyn Marryat when he said: "its not the fly; its the driver"

page 193,
VGB

American Flyfishers

Post by VGB »

Nacho Libre, in the tree house with a lead pipe. It cannot be Colonel Mustard as he doesn't have a mask
Casting instruction - making simple things complicated since 1765

https://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/ps/ ... f-coaching
Mr.T

American Flyfishers

Post by Mr.T »

Paul,

I am not accusing anyone being racists. Had I bought the Chinese imitation products that you have bought I will be screwed too regardless of my race or nationality. I'm not even Chinese. I only have Chinese blood in me. I only think (strongly) this type of marketing is shallow and leaves a bitter taste on people like me who is a customer. All these lamenting about lower costs producer is nothing new.

I was told and taught there are things called the free market and market force. Nobody is stopping your from doing what your competitors are doing and if you choose to differentiate your product then you really got to be very special. You cannot continue to be a Toyota Prius and lamenting that your are producing at Pagani Zonda price. If you are producing at Pagani Zonda price you have to make a Pagani Zonda. The market will decide your survival. There isn't anything to stop from pricing you product at a higher price if you cost is high.

Iphone is mostly made in China, the physical part of it. Had Iphone was made in a high labour cost country the company probably would have lost to its Asian competitors and we would not have its wonderful product in the market as it is today.

Almost all the triads bosses in Malaysia uses Rolls Royce and their mistress have shit loads of LVs and Hermes. Should Mercedes and LV be responsible for who they sold their products to? China produces most fashion knock offs. Ironically they are the largest consumer of designers products in the world right now. So are you going to blame the Chinese for keeping these designer brands expensive now? Should the Chinese just stay poor and being communists? Of course not.

The key thing is creating value. Everything in the supply chain has its value and role. Otherwise the whole chain is not sustainable like the Ponzi Scheme which was brilliant in marketing which was preying on greed but had no substance at all. The large brands may have costs per unit lower but they have a larger distribution network and more complicated business model. The larger they are the harder they fall. In theory they are more likely to fail than you. They must have been doing something right. I think it is not the lower costs but them being there first and survived.

Welcome to globalisation fly fishermen.

Monkey stole your fly rod, Paul.
Barrio

American Flyfishers

Post by Barrio »

Mr.T wrote: Monkey stole your fly rod, Paul.
........................... :D
Barrio Fly Lines : At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a great fly line!
alex vulev

American Flyfishers

Post by alex vulev »

Mr.T wrote:
Monkey stole your fly rod, Paul.
the early local sales pitch for a sage rod was that the rod is so good that it casts by itself. :whistle: Paul's rod obviously is much better than that if a monkey may use it :???:

page 193,
Walter

American Flyfishers

Post by Walter »

"There can be only one." - The Highlander. :pirate:

PS. I have a flying tank. Your argument is irrelevant.

PSS. How to generate a climbing loop through control of the casting stroke is left as a (considerable) exercise to the reader.
Lasse Karlsson

American Flyfishers

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Paul Arden wrote:
Are any fly rods made in China?
Yes there is, quite alot actually... Korean factories outsource to the Chinese factories when they can't keep up demand, and Chinese outsource to...

cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)

Return to “Announcements”