PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

how often do you get robbed?

Moderator: Paul Arden

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

I particularly like the way it's used to mean "mate" in Australia! :D
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Twisties
Answers: 0

Post by Twisties »

Good word choice Paul, it's a good word mostly because it's the one remaining swear word that still invokes some emotion!

And yes, Australia the only place where you can call good mates 'cunt' and random cunts 'mate.'

Also I've just been robbed went out with my girl friend to grab a bite to eat, we rode our bikes and parked them locked up for about an hour and a half. When we got back only one remained ...... Cunt
Dave Alexander

Post by Dave Alexander »

Paul,

Sorry to here about the robbery. I have had a few thing stolen over the last several years. I haven't always been the most careful guys about locking things up and tying things down, so I blame a lot on my own naivety.

Since we moved in our house we had a bbq, a generator, hedge trimmer, maybe some other small stuff. Out of my car a sump pump, some other things..., and a bunch of fly gear, Willy J chest pack loaded with flies, fly reels, lines, that was back in 2009 and I don't think I fished for year after that, I was kinda gutted starting over. Should have just went out and bought a new fly rod :yeahhh: ... I remember being particularly tight for money at the time and just had a hard time bringing myself to re buy everything.

One thing I remember some one saying about broken into, I think especially the home is that the felt "violated".

Hope you get your sneakers back! When I was in China everybody always looked at my shoes when walking down the street.

Cheers,

Dave
petevicar

Post by petevicar »

Dave Alexander wrote:Paul,

Hope you get your sneakers back! When I was in China everybody always looked at my shoes when walking down the street.

There is a line in Steely Dan's Pretzel Logic. : " I said you must be jokin' son, where did you get those shoes"
IANACI
Dave Alexander

Post by Dave Alexander »

There is a line in Steely Dan's Pretzel Logic. : " I said you must be jokin' son, where did you get those shoes"
Ha ha...I love that album, haven't listen in a while, I had the CD and it seems to have disappeared. It was one of our family vacation/driving ones. Not sure why but the kids just always like Steely Dan. That one and "Can't Buy a Thrill" especially. Loved "Mr. Parker's Band" off pretzel, that had cool swingin' groove.

How have you been anyways Pete? I can't help but think of you every time I tie a fly. That Snowbees vice you gave me a while back was a crazy nice gift, never felt like I rightly thanked for it!

I have heard 2 different explanations for why every where I went in china people looked at my shoes.

Explanation #1

Asian people have a high regard for shoes and footwear, and when they see a westerner they have an expectation he will have very nice shoes because they are well off. This may be an equivalent of looking at a man who is well dressed and expecting to see a Rolex, or some high quality watch.

Explanation #2 (This one came from a Steven Seagal movie which probably makes it the epitome of cultural understanding)

Asian people believe there is a direct correlation between shoe size and the size of the male reproductive organ.

Cheers,

Dave
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

That's probably why they stole them then.

Flycasting Definitions
Mr.T

Post by Mr.T »

Have you been paying any parking fees, Paul? I know someone at the jetty collect money from tourists sometimes.
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Yeah I had to, so I moved the truck to the top. It's at the resort now.

Flycasting Definitions
Mr.T

Post by Mr.T »

Ha... The temporary jetty has a small car park. Maybe you have been parking in the prime spot for too long. You're lucky. The squeaker could had been torched or go swimming. Nobody is interested in your shoes. Trust me, I'm Asian. :)
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

I moved it away from the bottom car park when they started charging me 5RM/day! It's not like they have night security down there. I'm sure it wasn't a local. I suppose it could have been... Anyway the only reason I was parking there and not the resort was because I wanted to support the local girls by buying meals there and the odd supplies.

Ashly was in KL about three months ago, pulled up at a red light. A motorbike pulls alongside, with two guys. The rear guy uses his helmet to smash her passenger window, they grab her handbag and zoom off.

Gourami time...

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Announcements”